PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck!

lior
09-01-15, 11:20
I'm going to the doctors today to ask to go on medication.

I've been severely depressed for about 5 or 6 months now, and I haven't taken anything.

I was on citalopram about 5 years ago for depression. I had a period of a few years where I wasn't severely depressed in between then and now. So I'm hoping it might help to take it again, or maybe something else.

My therapist said that maybe there is a pill that I can take which is only a 2/3 month course. But citalopram I think you have to take for a minimum of 6 months. She said that they usually prescribe the same medication again if it worked for you the first time round.

Have you ever gone on one medication that worked for you, and then in a different period of depression, used a different medication?

MrAndy
09-01-15, 11:48
I went from Cit to Sert and found the sert much easier to tolerate.Sert helped me out of a black hole after taking it for three months @ 50mg ,I havent needed it since.The only thing I didnt like was it messed up my sleep which was bad anyhow.
Well done for reaching out and seeking help its another step towards your recovery

lior
10-01-15, 01:13
Got 2 weeks worth of citalopram. I discussed serteline (is that what it's called?) with the doctor and she thought they were about equal in terms of side effects, so it was better to take citalopram. I'm glad I already know what it's going to be like probably, more or less. I feel ready.

Emphyrio
11-01-15, 14:50
Have you considered omega 3, vitamin D or B-vitamins (or even all of them at once?) They seem to work for depression. If you like fish a tin of mackeral 3-4 times a week will give you quite a lot of omega 3. You can also take these supplements/vitamins alongside prescribed medication.

Magic
11-01-15, 16:10
I agree with Emphyrio suggestion. I have taken vitamin B Bomplex in the past and I think they helped. I have taken citalopram and sertraline in the past.
I found that citalopram the best one for me.
I think everyone is different. hope you go on ok lior:hugs:

lior
11-01-15, 18:30
What would that be for? What would it change? Is it worth the cost?

lior
20-01-15, 22:19
Day 11 of citalopram. Daily side effects: lots of sleepiness, nausea, face aches, very thirsty.