PDA

View Full Version : Symptoms of anxiety

Akaleez
09-01-15, 11:51
I am nervous and anxious a lot about health anxiety and dying. I don't always have anxiety attacks as I control them. Can I still get anxiety symptoms without an attack?

Mindknot
09-01-15, 12:28
Yes! When you are anxious, your system is constantly sort of wired, i.e. your adrenals may not be pumping out enough for a full blown attack but they are working overtime, so you may experience symptoms continuously or in waves or occasionally or not at all...

I think this is one of the hardest things to get your head around with HA as a lot of the symptom info is related to the full blown panic attack - which we don't all have - so you of course don't think about the symptoms as being anxiety, but get anxious about them being something else. I think that has to be where the HA cycle begins for a lot of people, but you at least recognise you are anxious, so work on your mind and you should find that the symptoms become less of an issue.

Akaleez
09-01-15, 12:33
Thanks for the reply. My friend said the Brain will take it's time to rebalance the chemicals, thats why we still get sensations and anxiety without being constantly having attacks. Is he correct?

Mindknot
09-01-15, 12:49
That's what I've heard too. But even though you are not panicking, does not necessarily mean you are not anxious - you will need to work really hard on clearing your mind of background worries and finding ways of dealing with triggers that may kick off your worries again.

Really recommend trying CBT to help you change your thought patterns relating to HA.

Fishmanpa
09-01-15, 13:23
...even though you are not panicking, does not necessarily mean you are not anxious - you will need to work really hard on clearing your mind of background worries and finding ways of dealing with triggers that may kick off your worries again.

Really recommend trying CBT to help you change your thought patterns relating to HA.

^^^ Yes, exactly!

Positive thoughts

Akaleez
09-01-15, 13:43
Just can't put my mind to rest. one little ache or pain or itch and I'm worrying it's Ms and diseases. Doctor says it's emotional causing physical symptoms.

Achy legs and body
Itchy
Pins and needles or crawling restless legs and arms.
Hot flashes
Electric shock feelings

Im sitting here obsessing over these and how my life is over. :weep:

Mindknot
09-01-15, 13:52
Restless arms, legs, twitches, aches... you probably need to go and do something active, walk, jog, gym? And do it regularly, it gets your chemicals in balance more quickly.

Akaleez
09-01-15, 13:59
I have been on the sofa a lot :( sad and not moving :(. Just so scared

Mindknot
09-01-15, 14:09
You're doctor has said you are fine, and you will only make yourself feel worse by dwelling on the sofa. I know it's hard at the mo, but you really need to make the first move here, get up and find something that you will enjoy doing or at least takes your mind off your body - even if it's only for an hour or so. Baby steps are the way forward :yesyes:

Akaleez
09-01-15, 15:48
I haven't seen mh doctor is three weeks. I do give Her a list of symptoms with my legs and so on. Numbness is that normal?

Mindknot
09-01-15, 16:18
3 weeks is NOT a long time to go without seeing the doctor, so what she said then still stands, MS progresses slowly, if you were fine 3 weeks ago, it's unlikely that you have suddenly developed it now.

And yep, numbness can be normal with anxiety, see here - http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms

But it could also be related to your confession about spending so much time on that sofa :winks:

Please read cpe1978's thread called "The first step is the hardest" and also his sticky at the top of this section of the forum "get a plan and get on it". You know you have anxiety because you a/ are here and b/ said it in the first post on this thread, so the best way to stop yourself feeling like you do is to think about fixing your anxiety.

Akaleez
11-01-15, 19:22
3 weeks is NOT a long time to go without seeing the doctor, so what she said then still stands, MS progresses slowly, if you were fine 3 weeks ago, it's unlikely that you have suddenly developed it now.

And yep, numbness can be normal with anxiety, see here - http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms

But it could also be related to your confession about spending so much time on that sofa :winks:

Please read cpe1978's thread called "The first step is the hardest" and also his sticky at the top of this section of the forum "get a plan and get on it". You know you have anxiety because you a/ are here and b/ said it in the first post on this thread, so the best way to stop yourself feeling like you do is to think about fixing your anxiety.

Thank you.

Just has some numbess in my face which worries me :(