PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever had this

kimmiepie
10-01-07, 05:10
I've had all the heart stuff...chest pains, palitations, ectopics...but now I'm having something I don't think I've had before. As of this morning I noticed what was like a twitching muscle in my neck...well turns out it's not a muscle it's my pulse! When I feel my pulse there it does several really fast fluttery beats in a row and then goes to normal before doing it again after a minute. Can these be ectopics that I don't feel in my chest? The ectopics I've felt before always feel like a strong flutter in the center of my chest that makes me jump, or a big thud. I don't feel anything in my chest other than a rapid h/r that I've had for a few days now. I get rapid h/r a lot but have never noticed this before.

WHen I went to the dr the other day and she listened to my heart she heard a few flip flops but I didn't feel anything. However, she said that my *pulse* was regular but my heartbeat had the irregularity. She said this can be quite normal. Well now it seems to be my pulse too! I don't think that's good, to actually feel a fluttering pulse. It's been going on all day!!

Fyi, I had been reassuring myself that my heart was okay because she told me she'd be more concerned if my pulse wasn't regular and now it's not! Could I have made my body do this because I was concerned about it happening???

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Thanks!

Phill2
10-01-07, 08:05
My pulse does it too due to ectopics
Phill

Don't believe everything you think.

jodie
10-01-07, 12:45
hi kim

i think you are ok o get it to somtimes but if your so panicy about it and things are a little diffrent to the last time you went to the doc then give her a ring or go see her it might make you feel better somtimes its the only way to make us know there is nothing wrong she may give you somthing to calm things down a bit .
love jo x

shereedac
10-01-07, 15:44
Hi there, i too have also had flutterings in my neck. Didn,t know what it was.x

sheree ritchie