PDA

View Full Version : Scared about HA while I travel.

Tinker28
09-01-15, 15:08
Hi everyone, it's been a while since I was on here. Glad to be back. I wanted to ask or get feedback. I wanted to say I'm feeling very anxious about going away on holidays not the flying part, although I don't like that part, but surprisingly I'm over that one, but because I'm going to Dominican Republic for a wedding and I'm a bridesmaid and already paid for the trip, I'm leaving next week, in one week actually.my HA is high cause I fear I'll get sick over there while I'm there. Anyone relate or have any helpful advice for me? I've been stressed a lot lately. Have strep for over two weeks now so my immune system is down, I'm finally taking antibiotics which I can't stand cause it's giving me dry mouth, I find it so annoying. Anyone please help?

trevor99
09-01-15, 16:20
Hey! I just recently went to Switzerland...and let me tell you was I ever worried. My health anxiety sky rocketed a week before the trip wondering if I was gunna have a panic attack on the plane, wondering if I would even have fun because id constantly be wanting to check google to ccheck my symptoms. It really is a hard situation traveling when you have any kind of anxiety. I sure enough had a panic attack in the airport and had to take an atavan to get on the plane. I would recommend that you probably take something before you get on the plane or atleast have something with you because the last place you want to have an attack and not have medication is a plane. Have it there for insurance!! I would also recommend not drinking to to much since you are on vacation that will be hard, but I find that my anxiety gets worse the morning after drinking a lot, you feel like crap so obviously your going to assume the worst especially since you have anxiety hahaha BUT I went somewhere cold, where I was stuck inside so its completely different! I personally think this trip could be a life saver for you, you could go bring some really good relaxing books and sit on the beach and just be calm and relaxed, maybe its just what you need? Some good reflection time and some peace and tranquility. A couple of really good days can bring you out from the darkness. Anyways I hope this response helped you ! :bighug1:

Tinker28
09-01-15, 16:38
Yes, it has thank you! I am bringing my Ativan yes and for the plane for sure. I'm worried about it being like a third world country the dangers it has and not being able to see a doctor if u need it.

wnsos
09-01-15, 22:13
My advice is to try your hardest to enjoy it. It's the worst to travel with HA (I lost it nightly the last time I did this summer and it ruined my whole time) so show the dragon who's boss. Having things to do will help too x

Tinker28
10-01-15, 05:54
Thank you wnsos that is good advice. I'll try and relax as much as I can.