PDA

View Full Version : FED UP!!

lorri1980
09-01-15, 16:20
Hello folks, I'm new to this, ive been on the site and looked at stories and I feel it helps my own situation. I have been dealing with anxiety and panic attacks for over 15 yrs! and i'm only 34yrs old :weep: My first panic attack was when I was 15yrs old and I thought I was going to die! it was the most frighting thing i ever experienced. There after I suffered a little bit of depression (mostly caused by the anxiety)I dont what caused it? I was brought up in a loving home with no issues so I wasnt sure why I felt the way I did? I've been to the Doctor's and got the usual meds for someone like me. I started to suffer pains in my chest, this started after I had my first child, again it was all down to this horrible condition we call anxiety. Any way I dont want to baffle on too much! I still suffer to this day! I can control a lot better , I think that is down to just having to live with it and getting on with it the best I can. I don't think it will ever truly go away, it will always be with me even on my good days, it's always niggling at you! I guess it's just how we cope. I'm glad this forum is here and I can vent. My family dont really get it, I don't want to bother them with this anyway.

Thanks for listening :hugs:xxx

Boydo
09-01-15, 16:49
Welcome to NMP, sorry to hear pal about your battle but the length time you had it should also be you strength in comfort knowing that it is just anxiety as 15years on ....,, if it was a hidden serious condition it happened by now, have you tryed yoga, gym or any other form of hobby that helps you destress?.. Mine taking motor to bits and rebuilding them or cleaning if that option not opened, your right there is good and bad days and the only thing that makes your good days feel meh is that you know your just waiting for the bad day to happen! Anyway keep being strong lad and your now in a place were can hopefully find that bit more comfort and help to recover that bit more, stay strong wish you all the best and hope you try some the tips on here, some the people have fantastic advice and inspiring stories that help to aim for the same!

jimsmrs
10-01-15, 15:59
Hi and welcome

First steps are always the hardest, but we're all in the same boat here.

Try not to feed your anxiety.

And when you want to vent....then vent that's what we're here for!!!:hugs:

lorri1980
11-01-15, 16:48
Thank you for your replies, really kind words. I hope the best for you also xxx

mnaha
12-01-15, 10:43
ANXIETY kills life and all good things.. I have suffered with it for almost 55 years off and on... mostly on.. it has killed a lot of wonderful things that could have been in my life but thank goodness somehow they were made up to me by an unknown force that has watched over me all my life.. but I can relate to you .. 55 years.. crud... not a fun thing