PDA

View Full Version : off to the dentist in 2 hours im so so scared

emmalpooluk
10-01-07, 09:12
Hi Guys
Im having a crown prep today!! Im really scared because I have to have a needle in the roof of my mouth which hurts like hell (had it years ago). I have never had a crown before I am so scared because I don't know what they are going to do! I am going to take either 2mg or 4 mg of valium (2mg did nothing last night though). So any advice on what they do during a crown prep visit (I think they take impressions etc today and file my teeth down :()

honeybee3939
10-01-07, 09:18
Hi Emma

You will be fine hun, just try and relax, i know when i have appointments at the dentist i always worry, but its never as bad as what i thought it was going to be.
While you are there, try and think of things, like what you are making for tea or what you need when you go shopping,try and distract your thoughts

Good luck hun, you will be fine.

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

emmalpooluk
10-01-07, 09:25
thanks honeybee
I have a cold so hopefully worrying about snot dripping will take my mind off lol

kilvosa
10-01-07, 09:29
Hi
I had to have a tooth out and took 2mg diazipan the night before and also the same again an hour before going to the dentist . I too thought it didnt do anything but went in and it was fine. It was a difficult broken tooth to be removed and i came out smiling and i am normally terrified so i am sure you will be fine. Let us know how you got on.
Take care
Anne xx

Chopper
10-01-07, 09:31
Emma,

Just think of gripping the dentists balls in your hand and saying "we're not going to hurt each other are we?"! You don't need to do it, just think it!!;)

Happiness and light to all,
'Chopper'

I saw her once, one little while, and then no more:
’Twas Eden’s light on Earth a while, and then no more.
Amid the throng she passed along the meadow-floor:
Spring seemed to smile on Earth awhile, and then no more;
But whence she came, which way she went, what garb she wore
I noted not; I gazed a while, and then no more!

James Clarence Mangan 1803 - 1849

emmalpooluk
10-01-07, 09:35
hahah i will definatley not think of holding his balls he is horrid but thanks for the tip on trying the 2mg, I will take just 2 now and then if in 2 hours im stressing ill pop another pill.

honeybee3939
10-01-07, 23:05
Hi Emma

Was just wondering how things went today at the dentist? Hope it all went well.

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"