PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Claire17
09-01-15, 23:54
Hello!

Nice to meet you all :) I'm new here so apologies if I'm putting this in the wrong place.

I wondered if I could have your opinions on some symptoms I've been having. I know you're not doctors, but I would just be interested in what you think and if it's worth speaking to my GP.

Just to give you some background :)

I'm 36 and have had Obsessive Compulsive Disorder since childhood. I've had cognitive behavioral therapy for that, and I'm possibly (hopefully) going to have some more. I'm currently have counselling for chronic anxiety.

Yesterday evening I was watching TV, and I suddenly had a really odd feeling... The best way I can describe it is as if a pipe in my chest suddenly expanded and contracted. Following this I had what felt like a head rush/ dizzy spell. The whole thing didn't last more than a few seconds and then it was as if nothing had happened.

The same thing happened twice at work today.

Does this sound like panic or am I barking up the wrong tree completely?!

I have no physical health problems, I'm not on any medication and I use no stimulants apart from tea!

Would be interested in your thoughts.

venusbluejeans
10-01-15, 00:00
Hiya Claire17 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Claire17
10-01-15, 00:07
Ah ok! Will do