PDA

View Full Version : One nostril is always more blocked?

Liv7117
10-01-15, 03:46
Hi, I was just wondering if it's normal for my right nostril to constantly be more blocked up than the other. It's harder to breathe through it than my left. Is this normal? Thanks!

xBettyBoopx
10-01-15, 03:57
I would think it's perfectly normal. I have one nostril that's blocked most of the time although they confuse me and switch around sometimes......lol!!

mummato2
10-01-15, 07:24
It is for me. It's also the side that I've had sinus pain in for the past 3 weeks.

Remember that your body isn't perfectly symmetrical. You might have a slightly different structure in your right sinuses to your left.

Don't stress

Hopefulmi
10-01-15, 08:33
This happens to me loads and loads x

snowflake293
10-01-15, 11:46
I get this ALL the time, my left nostril especially. It gets worse in the cold weather. My nose has been bleeding a little on and off too, quite a lot at times and my ears have been blocked on and off too. I saw a Dr last week and she said its most likely dry sinuses and/or and infection and that cold weather combined with central heating can make it worse. Allergies can also cause this and countless other harmless conditions so try not to worry if you can :)

Magic
10-01-15, 14:28
My hubby and myself have the same problem. I think central heating does not help.
I have a big bowl of water on the fireplace in the living room and I have to fill it up
loads of time in the week.
This sounds weird but I have a sneezing fit!! (as I call it) every evening, and I do not have a cold!!!

KayeS
11-01-15, 20:09
Very normal. It's actually very rare for you to be breathing out of both nostrils equally at any one time. The body regulates this by increasing/decreasing blood flow to the nostrils. I find that my breath usually comes out of the left one lol.

hitman4hire43
11-01-15, 21:38
Hello , well I kinda have the same problem as you and I went to the doctor , you might have what I have , a slightly deviated septum . The doc told me that i can do a surgery for it but hell that means a purple nose for a month or so .
Basically if it's the same like me if your side is slightly thinner it might be more common to get a nostril blocked . Go on youtube and look for massage pressure points for sinuses , and My trick for it : belive me : when you go to bed just disolve some salt in a bowl of water and just leave it in your room. Works wonders . had the idea when I visited a salt mine museum and my nose isntantly got better , and it helps ! try it :D