PDA

View Full Version : anxiety bowels 24/7 :-(

lucy_21
10-01-15, 09:29
I posted on here a few months ago in regards to trouble I was having with my stomach/bowels and I hate to say that it is still as bad!!!

Sorry for the TMI in this post...has to be said though if I want advice.

I seem to have a churning stomach upon waking then have a loose bowel movement. Not long after this the stomach starts churning and popping again and I always get the feeling that I need to have another bowel movement. Sometimes I do but sometimes it feels like i have to push it out in a way. I can't not as its soon uncomfortable in the stomach like the feeling when you know your going to have diarrhoea.

Even after this my stomach still churns and pops all day no matter what I do or eat. It's not any food intolerance by the way. I've been tested for everything. It's certainly anxiety.

Then throughout the day I have major bad trapped glass all the time, constant churning and sensations of needing yet more bowel movements.

I can honestly say it is one of the worst things ever as I can't enjoy anything as my stomach is constantly on the go in some form or another.

Please could anyone give and help or advice or anything.

I'm lost now on what to do. I feel like I've tried everything.

Thank you.

Katki
10-01-15, 11:15
My stomach churns all day but I've come to just accept that it probably always will. Just eat healthily drink lots of water and be kind to yourself. Don't tense up your stomach muscles.

If you start to just ignore it eventually it will go away and you wont even notice it anymore.

lucy_21
10-01-15, 19:20
I do accept that it will do this but i dont know what to do when i feel like i have to constantly have a loose bowel movement!
And the stomach gas is constant. Why does anxiety cause bad gas and why doesnt it come out! It just pops in my stomach and feels like i want to (tmi) fart it out but cant :-(

Annie0904
10-01-15, 19:32
Lucy I am just the same :( I have started the FODMAP diet for ibs so hoping it will help.

Mrschurchill
11-01-15, 16:17
I've suffered from loose BMs in the morning for a week now and I'm totally freaking out to :( convinced it's Ovarian Cancer and in bits! X

ohwell123
12-01-15, 17:49
hi the first thing to be affected in anxiety is the stomach rumbling and gurgling you name it it does it........then youll start getting indigestion and trapped wind then a bit of acid reflux so chest pains will start

great life ay lol when theres nothing clinically wrong with you

meggyjo
12-01-15, 18:06
I get exactly the same, over Christmas it was terrible .

Ruby13
12-01-15, 18:08
I am the same, gas from both ends, churning stomach, nausea, off my food. All anxiety, but you convince yourself thT it is something serious, even though blood tests etc are all clear. Fed up and tearful with it all.

popejoan
12-01-15, 18:21
Same here. I also have diarrhea, not just loose bowels and I'm very very nauseous. Try some probiotics they might help.

lucy_21
12-01-15, 20:14
I have tried everything and nothing seems to work!
I know it's anxiety so I thought knowing this would ease some of the symptoms but they are so so bad every single day.
When I try and relax I just get the urges to need to have a bowel movement. I can't seem to do anything without having the urge or at least have bubbly stomach

Help please!!!

Hlucyx
18-02-15, 09:38
I feel exactly the same! I was so worried at first but I went to my GP and he reassured my that it's just anxiety causing all this. Even then I still worry and feel exactly the way you do!

How are you feeling now? I would recommend just trying to relax even though that's easier said than done and occupying yourself if the feeling persists :)