PDA

View Full Version : neck tension

airwolf451
10-01-07, 10:19
hey i woke this morning and my neck is rock solid and my left arm is kinda numb and sore at the joint, my glands at the front feel rock hard too

and last night i was getting sharp pains in my head,
the whole left side of my face feels tight.

just a little worried at the mo.

" for God did not give me a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, a spirit of love self discipline, sound mind and body, peace strength and good health"

ceecee
10-01-07, 11:18
hi airwolf
i know how you feel over the last few days my neck has been aching(feels like i have slept on it funny)and have had tension headaches too!i think its all connected.have you tried rubbing in some deep heat or something?if you,re anything like me my shoulders are always up around my ears so i don,t think that helps
take care
rach x

honeybee3939
10-01-07, 12:01
HI Airwolf

Try this link see if it helps

Neck tension
Achy neck and jaw (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2938)

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

Mable
10-01-07, 22:24
Airwolf,

I get this too, apart from the glands bit, although that may due to the neck muscles which tighten with tension too. It can take a few days to subside.

Try self-massage with deep heat, and I find the bean things you heat up in the microwave very good for the neck area. You probably slept in a funny position, hence the arm pain. Also it might be worth looking to get a special neck pillow, which is something I keep meaning to do. They are supposed to help with neck pain caused by sleeping badly.

Mable

nomorepanic
10-01-07, 22:28
Have you had that massage that I suggested yet LOL

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

airwolf451
11-01-07, 13:32
lol not yet nic, going for an xray tomorrow,

seein a chiroprator to rule some things out as my tension is 24/7 for the last 6 months,

and sleeping on the floor then an airbed prob hasnt helped

" for God did not give me a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, a spirit of love self discipline, sound mind and body, peace strength and good health"

Lynnann
11-01-07, 14:05
Hi Stephen,

Good luck with the chiropractor and I hope the x-ray goes ok.
If all comes back clear I guess you will have to give the massage a go lol.

Hugs to you

Lynnann

Dreamer029
12-01-07, 01:03
i get symptoms like this also....the weird head pains=ALL the time... my best guess is that its all due to tension built up in that area, sometimes i find that im so tense and i didn't even realize it, i go on like that for hours, so i put my shoulders down and try to stretch a little...hope that helps

lauren

Phill2
12-01-07, 01:55
Hi Ceecee
Glad to hear I'm not the only one walking around with their shoulders sticking out of their ears.
Phill

Don't believe everything you think.