PDA

View Full Version : Blood Pressure

AlexandriaUK
10-01-15, 14:53
Hi for the last few years my blood pressure has been consistently higher at the Drs 160/90 140/80 so last week I saw a new Dr about my eye and she decided to do my BP it was 165/90 as I was very anxious, she then suggested that I do a week of readings, 2 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon, eventually they averaged out at 127/75 she was happy with this so was I even though it rose again in the office, now I'm worried I'm not taking it correctly. At the Drs I sit with arm on table at home I sit and chill in my arm chair so would this lower the bp and give me false readings.
Worried I shouldn't do it this way, also because of this thought yesterday I was really stressed this morning and it was high first four times.
Any advice would be appreciated thanks.
PS reason getting eye checked had calcium stone's removed didn't hurt

---------- Post added at 14:53 ---------- Previous post was at 13:52 ----------

Hi there are dozens on and still I get no answers boo hop LOL

Fishmanpa
10-01-15, 15:07
Three words - White. Coat. Syndrome.

Positive thoughts

AlexandriaUK
10-01-15, 15:11
That's what I hoped but I was told that sitting in an armchair to do bp would give false low readings so got up and did them at table and they went up, maybe because I also felt more anxious or maybe arm when resting on armchair is wrong height, have never done them at home so no idea, does high pulse go hand in hand with higher readings and when it steadies at 80 or less bp goes down.
Too confusing LOL
Thank you for replying as well