PDA

View Full Version : Scared please help?

mnaha
11-01-15, 00:35
I have been having eye problems..it started about 6 months ago.I had an episode of double vision while out walking. It went away...I had another about a week later and another about a month later..I was getting dehydrated and not eating well and not drinking water. One night I got an attack of tachycardia. I was rushed to the hospital and they slowed my heart and said I was dehydrated and my white count was up so they kept me there for four days monitoring my heart and also did lots of blood test,chest xray and echo on my heart. The white cells went back to normal they got my dehydration under control and did lots and lots of blood test. They also said I was prediabetic and got that under control. All the time they said my heart was sound. I kept telling them about the double vision and they kept saying I needed to go to an eye doctor and they weren't concerned about it. I was thinking double vision should be screaming mini stroke out to them but they were not concerned .I got out and went to my internist 40 years experience and told him about the double vision and he said he thought it from too high sugar levels and aging. I also told him I had occular migraines . He put me on b2 to help and he checked my eyes and told me he didn't see anything that would make him think there was anything serious wrong other than aging eyes but to go to the eye doctor. Since then I have had about 10 or 15 more attacks with my eyes and have been back to see him and told him and he said you are doing all that you can do about strokes ,and health except go to the eye doctor .I agreed and haven't gone to one.Im scared the eye doctor will find something bad wrong so I haven't gone. I have been reading about mini strokes and was wondering could you have 20 or 25 of these with just vision problems? I mean, I didn't have any other symptoms but im really scared that I might be having mini strokes although none of the doctors or my doctors or nurses seem to be concerned..Did they take some type of test in the hospital that would rule out a mini stroke? so they were not concerned or did they just didn't think I was having a mini stroke or what? This freaks me out since it seems that mini strokes are pretty common but are they common with just eye problems? Please some one respond...im freaking out here..

mnaha
11-01-15, 06:05
Hello...somebody please? im really scared here.

tunvc
11-01-15, 09:46
Hi. Sorry you're feeling so bad. I also have a fear of stroke. My step father and aunt had a stroke last year so that gave me new things to think about! Lol. I have been to the hospital twice in six months convinced I was having a stroke. I had a numb face on right side (although I could feel touch so it couldn't be numb) and heavy arm, I was shacky and my vision in my right eye felt blurred. The second time I went to the hospital they did a blood test and the nurse was really kind. She assured me not only would the blood test show if I'd had a stroke but anything else that was going on and tgey do lots of tests on the blood taken. The bloods came back fine but my white blood count was up. I had felt ill for few weeks so my body was fighting a virus and doing as it should. I finally got the courage to see the optician. He said I'm short sighted. (20 20 vision last year) since wearing the glasses my headache have gone and tell blurred vision is better. We really do play tricks on ourself. I still question wheather they may have missed something but teaching myself to rethink. They can't all be wrong. It's exhusting living like it. Give ourselves a chance to feel normal again. We deserve it. I'm with you and understand your fears. Xxx

mnaha
12-01-15, 03:03
Hey tunvc, thanks for being so kind to answer me..I have been freaking out here worried.. so the blood test shows anything like that?Thanks for answering and telling me that..It must be my eyes.. I just got to get up the courage to go on to the eye doctor and do like you and my wife says..give myself a break and quit worrying..You are very kind ,and I thank you with all my heart. Have a great evening..

tunvc
13-01-15, 16:48
You are very welcome. Ho are you feeling now? Did you get your eyes tested. I have noticed my eyes become worse with my panic. It's a vicious circle! I really hope you are feeling better. The nurse assured me a stroke would show in blood test. We just have to trust them. I've decided there is no point in me visiting the hospital if I don't believe them. X