PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I need help!

musicamama
11-01-15, 02:53
Hi everyone, I was on here a few years ago, but lost my username, so thought I'd sign up and reintroduce myself. I've had anxiety since secondary school, and I'm now 35. I managed it really well until I had my daughter who's now 3. I am also blind, which is far less of a disability than my anxiety. If it came to a choice between getting my sight back or being anxiety-free, I would choose the latter without question. The monster has had a variety of incarnations: ranging from phobias to OCD-like behaviour, to panic attacks, to hyperchondria. I am also slightly socially anxious, but I hide it very well, and have learnt to manage it because I work as a musician with lots of people all the time. My latest incarnation of the beast is a phobia of trying to fall asleep. I am so scared I won't fall asleep, I stay up all night sweatting, shaking and crying, knowing I'm alone in the house with only the demons going round and round my head. I'm looking for a bit of company through the night-time panicking. Best to all who are struggling with this horrible thing. Hugs, MM

venusbluejeans
11-01-15, 03:00
Hiya musicamama and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

lilboo
11-01-15, 11:18
Hi, I've been lurking all week which is unfair but have gotten a lot of support by reading all your posts. A little background history, I had my first panic attack aged 15 when my mum was very ill, just the one and thought no more about it. At 31 I had terrible material problems which kicked off panic attacks lasting in total 6 months!!!!! Hang in there as there's a reason they lasted so long. Got divorced 5 years later and suffered 3 months of them.
Recently had issues with my teenage daughter and working an unhealthy amount of time, leaving me very run down.
Last Sunday had anxiety didn't sleep same Monday. Went Gp this time and put on 10mg cit. The anxiety is still there but not as bad, wish now I hadn't suffered all those years ago!
I'm also a mental health nurse!!! This is not a sign of "madness" this is stress induced x
I feel for you all but I went 10 years without anxiety ..