PDA

View Full Version : Advice and support please

weepinky
10-01-07, 13:42
Hi peeps

I have this week hit rock bottom, but keeping positve made an appointment with the doctor, she took her time with me which was nice, I really thought that I would come away with a prescription of antidepressants (which I don't mind taking, as they have worked for me before), but she has given me a questionnaire to fill in and asked me to go back in 2 weeks????? I'm at a bit of a loss as I can't see how filling a questionnaire in will make me feel any better? Can anyone shed any light on her treatment process?

Yours hopefully

Pinky

bb01234
10-01-07, 14:17
As a suggestion, could you call the surgery and ask to clarify what the next steps are that they propose?

Perhaps she wanted to refer you to someone for additional help.

Does the style or type of questions on the form offer any clues as to what your doctor might have wanted to do to help you to overcome your symptoms?

brian

surreylady
10-01-07, 15:47
Hi Weepinky

I too was given a questionaire by my doc, and it was basically relating to mental health. Having filled it out (i suffer panic, anxiety and depression) I was sent for an assessment to my local mental health clinic, and am now waiting on some much needed counselling.

Maybe this is why she gave you the questionaire. Just a suggestion. Hope this helps

Mandy xx

positive attitude brings positive results

weepinky
10-01-07, 20:57
:Dthanks for your replies Brian and Mandy, I think I will make another appointment and not wait the 2 weeks as she suggested, as Im not quite sure why she is making me wait 2 weeks anyway, surely if I'm asking for help I'd like it now not later. I think I just wanted to come away with a prescription for antidepressants as they have worked for me before but she seemed reluctant to prescride them.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply, take care

Pinky

Keitharcher
11-01-07, 20:39
it would seem to me that your doc is getting more facts about you see your problems so that she can decide the next steps to take in your treatment

Keith

weepinky
12-01-07, 10:32
Hi Keith

Thanks for your reply. I made another appointment with another doctor, she was very understanding and could see why I didnt want to wait 2 weeks to start any treatment, she prescribed antidepressants which I'm happy about. I just couldnt understand why the other doctor felt I could 'suffer' it for those 2 weeks doing nothing!!!! ohh hum:D

Love Weepinky

weepinky
17-01-07, 18:56
Hi peeps

Just looking for some moral support I think, I've just had the worst day ever, got up and tried to be positive as I really want to beat this, did some yoga and listened to Paul McKenna etc, but I'm exhausted, and keep forgetting things, my mind as no focus at all, I've been on my meds for 7 days but just can't wait until I see some effect from them:(

Hoping you all can help me get over this hill xx

Love Pinky