PDA

View Full Version : New fears! When will it end?

Mrschurchill
11-01-15, 15:34
Me again.... :(

Ok so Going back to Sept/Oct I had a 'normal' BM and a LOT of blood in the pan - queue absolute melt down and eventually having a sigmoidoscopy as I was utterly convinced it was bowel Cancer. Turn outs just hemmeroids! Body just went back to normal after that but then about a month ago I started to experience an urgent need to urinate. I was up 3-4 times a night and was so focused on it that I was, again, convinced Cancer of bladder.
I was doing 'alright' until I seen a post from someone saying they were scared of ovarian cancer (one that had never crossed my mind) and when I googled it then OH JEEZ!!! I couldn't believe I had the lower back pain, frequency urinating, misdiagnosis of IBS.... And here I am now...... Frequent urinating has gone, but the last week I've had loose BM's in the morning when I wake up. Like I urgently need to use the loo. I'm so scared its ovarian and my IBS is just a cover up. :unsure:

herbie73
11-01-15, 15:59
Hi there, its just your ha focusing on something else, lower back pain is common, I get it occasionally, also you have ibs which is causing your loose bm, ha makes you focus on something and twist it out of proportion, I have had boob worries for 6 weeks now, first I focused on a lump which was a gland and went down, then I thought I had a red patch on boob and developed a burning pain,that went and so did pain, then I was worried about the difference in firmness and now because I have lost weight I think my bigger boob out of the 2 looks so much bigger, so as you can see, over 6 weeks I have worried about 6 different symptoms to do with my boobs, you haven't got of its your ha playing up.xxx

Mrschurchill
11-01-15, 16:02
I've never been told by the doctor it's IBS but due to having the sigmoidoscopy and ruling out anything bad in that sense I just diagnosed myself! I'm currently starting a CBT plan with my GP and just so worried I won't be taken seriously with a new fear! I'm no so scared to wake up tomorrow incase it's loose again :( I'm so tired. X

herbie73
11-01-15, 16:05
Don't be scared people have loose bm all the time, its worse for ha sufferers because we always think the worst, you are fine, try to relax, this worry will pass .xx

Mrschurchill
11-01-15, 17:51
Thanks Herbie. I try to rationalise now and instead of googling cancer, I have started to Google health anxiety/hypochondria and it helps a lot! X

Mindknot
11-01-15, 17:57
I've gone through that worry too, OC that is, it's a tricky one to get past, because the symptoms are so non-specific, but it's also extremely unlikely in younger women - which I can see from your profile pic you are! IBS on the other hand is very common in women, and likely a lot worse when you are anxious. Talk to your doc about the symptoms (not what you're frightened of) and I'm sure he/she will diagnose your IBS properly, and test further if necessary.

Mrschurchill
11-01-15, 18:32
I've actually forgotten what the 'other' symptoms are as I've become to obsessed with the IBS misdiagnosis fear! I Daren't look as I know it'll just fuel it! I just want to not have symptoms of anything! Do 'normal' people not ever get symptoms?! I don't understand it :( x

wnsos
11-01-15, 22:46
This same thing happened to me in November. My focus completely shifted from bowel to ovarian. It's our anxiety getting the better of us.

Mindknot
11-01-15, 23:46
I've actually forgotten what the 'other' symptoms are as I've become to obsessed with the IBS misdiagnosis fear! I Daren't look as I know it'll just fuel it! I just want to not have symptoms of anything! Do 'normal' people not ever get symptoms?! I don't understand it :( x

Of course they do, but I presume they just calmly make an appointment with the doctor to find out what they think rather than coming to a conclusion beforehand, like we do :D As I'm sure you are aware IBS is totally aggravated by stress, so destressing yourself and your guts will probably stop the symptoms. Your doc can advise I'm sure.