PDA

View Full Version : Hello all. Seeking sanctury

Jomo
11-01-15, 21:23
Hi, I have a big ball of anxiety issues going on but will post and read in other rooms. I'm basically at the end of my tether with it all. I almost walked away from my whole life today. Was in a seriously high anxiety state, one of those moments when your vision goes and a sense of detachment kicks in. I have withdrawn from everything and avoid going out. Today my husband suggested we take a long walk to the shops with our 8 month old daughter. I made myself do it, thought it would be good for me to get out etc, however we ended up arguing in the street because my husband said he is tired of me being unhappy all the time. I just felt immense guilt and became defensive then just switched to complete detachment.
I had nothing in my pockets, no money, phone or keys. I just walked away telling him i was leaving for awhile. He got angry and stormed off with our baby. I walked to some disused garages and just sat on the ground completely still and just cried. I felt like i was in some sort of trance. I calmed and walked back and caught him up at the shop. i didnt say much, just took the pram (my daughter is my ray of light, the only time i dont feel anxious is when Im with her.

Anyway, sorry for going on a bit. Im so glad I found this forum :)

venusbluejeans
11-01-15, 21:29
Hiya Jomo and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Rosie_82
11-01-15, 21:48
Hi Jomo, I'm new here too. Sorry to hear you had a day like that. Nobody should have to feel that way, or have to deal with it alone. I hope you find the sanctuary you need here.
xx

Jomo
11-01-15, 21:54
Thanks for the reply Rosie x

Rosie_82
11-01-15, 22:05
By the way I recognise your profile picture! Have you read much Clive Barker? He's one of my favourite authors but haven't read anything of his for years. His artwork is incredible too :)

alan15
11-01-15, 22:17
Hi Jomo, hope you feel better.

Jomo
14-01-15, 19:34
Thanks Alan. Sadly things are not improving. But appreciate the reply :)

---------- Post added at 19:34 ---------- Previous post was at 19:32 ----------

I love Clive Barker! Love his art and his writting. Im pretty impressed you recognise the picture. I don't know anybody who knows his art apart from the film form. You have cheered me up a bit with that :)