PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety or Depression

AndyJ73
12-01-15, 08:21
Hi guys,

I was wondering if any one had any advice.

I've been pretty anxious for a good few years now, moving from HA to GAD to OCD but now I seem to feel down and worrying about it.

Is there any major differences between anxiety and depression. I guess the fact I'm worrying means it's anxiety. Does any one have any good techniques to handle this fear of depression?

Thanks

Andy

lior
12-01-15, 10:39
The difference is that anxiety is worrying about the future, whereas depression is ruminating on the past.

Do you feel low about how things are currently? I think that's more like depression. Feeling wound up about what's about to happen next is more like anxiety.

I have anxiety because of my depression according to my therapist - when the depression decreases, the anxiety will decrease. Maybe it's the other way round for you.

AndyJ73
12-01-15, 12:51
Hi thanks for your response.

It's a bit of both I guess. Have you ever tri d working out why you feel the way you do and how to overcome it?

I guess my struggles with all kinds of anxiety have ground me down to the point where I'm not bothered about doing stuff because I know I'll suffer with worrying when I do it.

I also feel like I'm suffering from depersonalisation, but again what would you say the difference is between the two?