PDA

View Full Version : citalopram again

worrywuss
10-01-07, 14:26
hiya, does anyone know if citalopram causes sore throats? i know dry mouth is a side effect but my throat is very sore and i can feel a lump at the back of my throat and the soreness gets worse as the day goes on as does the lump!!

any ideas please, thanks

rachel xxx

p.s i posted this in the symptoms bit by mistake [:I]

CarolineP
10-01-07, 22:06
Rach

I dont know or remember if i had a sore throat, maybe its not a side affect maybe you genuinely have a sore throat and its nothing to do with the Cipramil.. Also re Question about yawning, i constantly yawn and am so tired alot of the time i get better sleeps on the cipramil but lack of house work being doen know Grrrrrrrrr. Give it time side affects will wear of.. Take care

Luvvas Caroline.x.

shadara
30-08-08, 16:19
I know this is an older post but I just started taking Citalopram yesterday and woke up this morning with a horrible sore throat. My throat is so sore, my tongue, teeth and ear hurt too. Is this something that will eventually go away or do I have to be concerned with it?

On the possible side effects given to me with my prescription, it says Check with your doctor as soon as possible if you experience sore throat or fever.

Shadara

haldi
10-07-09, 07:44
I have stopped taking citalopram because my throat hurt so much.
My throat is getting better now,but I can't sleep properly
You can't win on this
The bad throat was actually waking me up at night

songbird
26-09-10, 21:55
hiya, does anyone know if citalopram causes sore throats? i know dry mouth is a side effect but my throat is very sore and i can feel a lump at the back of my throat and the soreness gets worse as the day goes on as does the lump!!

any ideas please, thanks

rachel xxx

p.s i posted this in the symptoms bit by mistake [:I]

Hi I have a sore throat too! Im also a singer with a concert next month! Im finding it difficult in rehearsal and wondering whether it would help to skip the medication for a couple of days leading up to the concert. I dont really want to change medication. Ive had a permanently dry slightly sore throat, ive been on them 6 weeks.
have you had any luck sorting it out?
Sarah x

RichW
27-09-10, 05:33
Hi Rachel

Never had a sore throat unfortunately but felt plenty crazy in the beginning stages. Hope you get better. I decided I was going to stay on the citalopram for at least 2 months and by that stage I was feeling human-like again so just stayed on them - no worries.

All the best

Rich

oldboy
03-05-11, 09:02
Hi,

I am new here and I am so glad to have found this site through google, I never new there were so many people suffering the same as I do.

Some days I clock watch waiting for the day to pass bye so I can go lie in bed and try to sleep my thoughts away. I often think, if only I could go to bed and quietly die.

I fear illness; any kind of different body feeling brings on anxiety.

However, what WorryWuss, Shadara, and Haldi have written, is me exactly and now it is 8 days since I stopped taking Diazepam and Citalopram and my throat is almost back to normal, still have slight pressure in my ears.

I do not think Diazepam had any side effects for me but Citalopram definitely gave me an awful bad throat from the first tablet.

Having such a bad throat brought on even more anxiety, but now my throat is much better, I feel better in myself and less anxious.

Peter

jenbo50
03-05-11, 14:38
I had a sore throat for the first month. I remember googling it and apparently it is a side effect - can also get "flu like symptons". I have been on them 11 weeks now and my throat is fine now. I am sure it will pass, just ride it out with Soothers and Paracetamol. Don't worry about it too much if poss

Jen