PDA

View Full Version : Didnt know where too put this!!!

Ammeg
10-01-07, 15:20
Hey all,
As many of you know i am alot better than I was.. I have fought of me agoraphobia, panic attacks and anxiety!!
Basically I am on the pill injection and had one on monday where the nurse (for the first time) told me it can actually cause u to have anxiety!!! I have been on it nearly 5 yrs... I went on it 3 months b4 my first PA!! Dont know wot to think atm!! Was just wondering if anyone else is/was on pill injection and mayb thought there was a connection??
Gemmaxxx

jo61
10-01-07, 15:29
I've not had the injection but last time I got a prescription for the pill my gp mentioned it can contribute to anxiety. However, since I had been on it for about 6 years before I first suffered, he reckoned it wouldn't be a factor.

Jo xx

ceecee
10-01-07, 15:48
hi don,t know about the link with anxiety,but when i was on it,my husband said if i had it again he would divorce me!!!!!!!!!i had really bad mood swings,but didn,t have anxiety then,it started years later.
take care
rach x

suzy1984
10-01-07, 18:02
Hi
Ive always been a bit highly strung but my anxiety got bad about two years ago just after I started on the injection, didnt make the link at the time but after hearing it can contribute to anxiety and depression starting to wonder if there was a link. Came off the injection a few months ago & haven't seen any improvments yet but it takes a while for the body to get back to normal. theres a topic like this in the panic/panic attacks bit of the foum too, think the title is birth control & anxiety quite interesting to read.

Love
Suzy xx

manmoor
10-01-07, 23:04
Hello Gemma,

I just wanna say hugs hun lol well ye know me. xxx

Take Care

Mandyxx

Loonie
11-01-07, 10:34
I had the depo jab for about 3 and a half years. I came off it a good few months ago. If I''m honest, I don't feel any different except I've lost the weight I put on with it.
I don't seem to get so short tempered but I'm not sure I'd put it down to the jab. I've put it down to changes in my life.
Maybe it was the jab. Very interested to know.

It's not enough to say "I tried!" You must try and try again.

spuds
11-01-07, 10:47
Twenty years ago I was on microgynon contraceptive pill. By the end of six months I was was weepy, up and down emotions, depressed. Didn't know what was wrong with me - went to the doctor who said to stop taking it and gave me vitamin B suppplements. Within a week - literally a week- I felt so much better. I've never taken the pill since. I'm on hrt now but that hasn't affected me.

Ammeg
11-01-07, 12:13
thankyou all for your replys.. and mandy for the hug!!!xxx
Well i was soooooo annoyed wen the nurse mentioned it to me. I asked her why noone told me about the symptoms wen i first made the decision to go on it and get this she said it was probably coz u was young!!!! I can't put into words how annoyed I am... I mean I know there may be a chance it isnt connected but since I never had a little bit of anxiety in me life until then.... oh i dunno im ramblin!! lol
Gemxxx

Ma Larkin
11-01-07, 13:24
I started having panic attacks around the same time as I started having Depo injections (approx 2 yrs ago). I'm still on the injections now, didn't lienk them at first, but the panic attacks are nowhere near as bad as they first were. I've put loads of weight on though and seriously thinking about coming off the injections.

Les

lildutt
12-01-07, 10:33
hun that right the pill injection can cus panick attacks depression etc
thats why i came off it and now got the coil in

Ammeg
12-01-07, 13:40
hmmmm,
well I have spoken to many people now who have made this link.. something to think about! Now wot about that implant? anyone know much about that? i have looked online and it doesnt seem to have as many side effects as the injection... sorry to go on about this everyone but I am just so cross and wantin to come off it!!! anyone who feels uncomfortable discussin this on open forum but has advice or anything could ya please pm me?
Thanks again my lovelys
Gemxxx

Demonica
17-01-07, 14:30
Hi

I'm new and just reading through the posts.

I wanted to try the implant so the doc gave me 3 months supply of the pill version (to test how you react first). I HATED it and came off after less than a month. I felt awful.. spotty and crying constantly, felt really angry too which isnt great when you're looking after a newborn.

However symptons do vary per person and apparently settle down after a while. I just didnt want to risk it getting worse.

If you're tempted make sure you ask for the pill version first.

Hope that helps a teeny bit!