PDA

View Full Version : IBS or something worse

Gaynoroc
13-01-15, 13:32
Hiya, anybody have any thoughts on something called peritoneal cancer? I understand this is like ovarian cancer but you can still get it even after a full hysterectomy. I have recently started having IBS symptoms and my have been diagnosed with GAD. My GP has put the stomach problems down to IBS but I am still worrying. My symptoms ... bloating (not all the time) but really uncomfortable starting under my left ribs and going all around my stomach. Also have intermittent bladder problems, now and again I get burning when I wee (this lasts ages also after I wee) and need to go more often. My BM are probably still normal but have to go more often. I am eating as normal and not losing or gaining weight. I had a full hysterectomy 4 years ago and have no ovaries so had ruled out Ovarian Cancerin my head, but now have read about this peritoneal cancer and I am worried. Any suggestions or thoughts please? Thanks :D

tan235
13-01-15, 19:25
I've been diagnosed as having IBS but now that I've read the symptoms for Peritoneal cancer I think I have that too - my symptoms minus the rectal bleeding are exactly the same.... so reality check - more than likely IBS ;)