PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol make it worse sometimes?

Jayuk
13-01-15, 20:02
Has anyone noticed that sometimes that alcohol can sometimes make your feelings heightened because you just don't stop thinking about your symtoms?

I guess I said it all there, because I don't stop thinking about it!

Sometimes it has helped but sometimes it makes me more spaced out.

I really am fed up of this last six years of on and off anxiety.myopefully this time is the last!

crystal17
13-01-15, 20:47
YES!!!

I do feel braver if I've had a couple of drinks, and more hopeful about the future, but the worst is the morning after - actually the evening after.

I feel so depressed and low in confidence.

It is a drug remember, that affects your brain, sounds stupid but I always forget this!

Jayuk
13-01-15, 21:46
I certainly feel worse the day after but can also feel worse at the time.

I have lightheaded and off balance feelings so I guess it makes sense if I feel like this and think about it all the time it would do this!

There have been occasions where I have forgotten about it when I am out, that is only when I have truly forgotten about the way I am thinking I guess. Just wish I could get over this!

Fishmanpa
14-01-15, 01:46
Pretty straight up and I don't mean the spirits...

Alcohol and anxiety don't mix! If you're on meds it's a no no.

Positive thoughts

Jayuk
14-01-15, 02:07
No medication here but I may cut out for beer and start the medication this week to see if they helps!

lukeneal26
14-01-15, 03:05
I was quite a big drinker loved knocking back pint after pint of guiness I have gave up booze and im only 26 but I have pretty much drank that living in Cyprus for a bit as a barman drinking most nights and loved every second off it but now I get nothing from it so just gave up :S