PDA

View Full Version : Hi Peeps

ScotsDave
10-01-07, 19:11
Hi Everyone

First post here so will try to keep it short. :) Had some bad anxiety/panic attacks about 10 years ago and somehow got through them and said goodbye to them apart from the odd isolated incident. Past few months have been a bit rough with a wrist and knee injury and hey presto they seem to be back with a vengeance - always seem to happen when I feel a bit rundown/unfit, and I've been unable to exercise properly for past few months which never helps. On the other hand maybe it just happens every time I start a new decade[:P].

Anyhoo, found this tremendous site at the weekend, and joined while feeling pretty horrendous at my office desk this afternoon - great to see such an amazing resource for peeps - very inspiring so thanks to all mods/previous posters for building it up.

Cheers

Dave

It's not the pace of life that worries me, it's the sudden stop at the end.

honeybee3939
10-01-07, 19:18
Hi Dave

And a BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice while making new friends on the way.

Take a look at the first Step Pages Dave, you may find them of interest also.

First Steps: First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

Lynnann
10-01-07, 19:20
Hi Dave,

Welcome to the forum,

Lynnann

manmoor
10-01-07, 23:02
Hi Dave,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

ScotsDave
11-01-07, 09:29
Thanks all for the welcome - planning to trawl your link lunchtime today thanks Andrea.

Take Care

Dave

darkangel
11-01-07, 11:13
Welcome Dave

Sorry to hear you are going through a rough patch just now - Im sure you will find lots of info and inspiration on this site to help you get through it.

Take care

Darkangel

PS Nice to welcome a fellow scot :D

........life is for living not just for surviving

groovygranny
11-01-07, 12:43
Hi Dave! :)

Welcome, from someone who is also at their desk [8)][Oops!]!!

lotsa luv

GG [:P]

xx

'There are no such things as strangers; just friends we haven't made yet!'

ScotsDave
11-01-07, 14:30
Thanks DA - nice to meet another Scot on here too - currently displaced in London so maybe the manic commuting is part of my problem [Duh!]

Hi GG - back at the desk today and better than yesterday thanks - hope your desk is treating you well too ;)

kittykat
11-01-07, 15:11
Hi there Dave,

Welcome to the site, you'll find a lot of good advice here to get you through this difficult patch. Always nice to meet a fellow scot.

Take care

shirley xx

'' I am an optimist, but I'm an optimist who carries a raincoat. '' - Harold Wilson

ScotsDave
11-01-07, 16:16
Thanks Kittycat (my nickname in my last job was Kid-e-Kat funnily enough!)

Had a good look around this afternoon and it's amazing how much info there is on here - great stuff too. Looking forward to trying a few suggestions. :)

Take care

Dave

"It's not the pace of life that worries me, it's the sudden stop at the end."

trac67
11-01-07, 16:45
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

nomorepanic
11-01-07, 20:19
Hi Dave

A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

clickaway
11-01-07, 21:24
Hi Dave and welcome,

Glad you found us - we are here for one another.

Cheers,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Lindalou64
12-01-07, 00:03
hi dave
welcome to nmp im sure you will find lots of info and support........wish ya the best........linda[8D]

Granny Primark
12-01-07, 08:22
Hi dave,

A warm welcome coming your way from me.
Glad you found the site, just knowing that there are other people feeling like you do really helps.
Im sure youl make some really good friends who will give you loads of help advice and support.
Theyre a great bunch who use this site. Ive found the site invaluable and im sure you will too.

Take care
LYNN xx