PDA

View Full Version : Oi to all

Ricardo31
14-01-15, 03:50
Hello!

I'm a 31 yo male, living in south of Brazil, and currently looking for some answers to my Venlafaxine nightmarish withdrawal, which has been going on for approximately 2 months now. A withdrawal that I’d quote as hell on earth, the most awful experience I’ve ever been through. :sad:

I’ve grown so much anger towards it, and it’s made me so incredibly sick, that I wonder why is it still being prescribed to others.

Prior to Venlafaxine I had some minor depressions episodes, some anxiety, which now seems to have gotten worse.

Anyway, I hope someday I’ll recover from it, until then I enjoy reading other peoples’ experiences and sharing my thoughts about this and that, as it’s very relieving sometimes.

I’m not a doctor but I strongly discourage anyone who considers getting on Venlafaxine (Effexor – or Efexor, as it’s sold in Brazil) for it’s dreadful withdrawal symptoms.

:D

venusbluejeans
14-01-15, 03:55
Hiya Ricardo31 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Jomo
14-01-15, 20:19
Sorry to hear of the troubles you're having. I was on Venlafaxine a few years ago. I did not like it one bit, I felt wired on it, couldnt sleep or eat. When i came off it I did so without docs say so, he wanted me to persist (I was on it 4 months) I felt enough was enough so started by taking one every other day. I didnt feel any depression when coming off them but i feel my depression had passed naturally, not due to the meds. I think maybe if anxiety and depression on withdrawal, perhaps a different more gentle medication may be called for.