PDA

View Full Version : Medical New Job

goodman
14-01-15, 11:26
Hi everyone

I hope this finds you all well.
I have completed a interview process for a new job in a admin/sales role.
The next step is a medical.... I'm not worried about the medical as I've had one before as in urine sample, hearing, BP and all that jazz.
The only thing is everytime I go to the Dr or have a procedure I get very anxious and my fight or flight system goes off, quite often my BP will read slightly higher 150/90 ( I don't have high BP ).
Last year they did a 24 hour BP test and it came back perfect, ths lowest reading was 120/60 which I'm told is perfect and... That was the average for the nighttime readings and the day was about 135/75...
I've had every test there is over the years (I'm 36) non smoker etc and in reasonable condition.
I'm on lexapro and on a PRN basis valium and Atenalol... For moments of extreme anxiety etc.
I was thinking of maybe taking half a beta blocker (Atenalol) 25mg tomorrow before the medical just to keep me chilled....

Was wondering what your thoughts were?

Many thanks
Jarrod

goodman
14-01-15, 20:30
Anyone?

shakey1961
15-01-15, 08:10
I wouldn't worry about the medical and BP thing. It's a common condition that people's BP goes up when stressed at the doctors so they'll probably take that into consideration.

Best advice, as always, is try your best to relax. You know everything is fine with you. It's just a formality.

goodman
24-01-15, 09:51
It all went well and BP was fine! I also got the job! :)

Cherryade
24-01-15, 12:28
Congratulations. Well done you!