PDA

View Full Version : Big advice: be careful with the dpselfhelp forum. Lot of negativity there.

GfunkAnxiety
14-01-15, 17:54
There are some helpful posts but I find a lot of people on there have accepted they will have this "forever". When I read that I had a huge relapse which I am only just slowly getting back on track with 4 days after.

Positive thoughts yo positive thoughts.

best wishes :hugs:

Mac1chick
12-11-15, 19:47
I agree ! I have fully recovered from this awful symptom.
I too looked at dpself help and found it negative. I feel sure it kept me in the cycle longer ! Personally it didn't help me at all. But this site is great. People are genuine and want to help.

kcl10
23-11-15, 01:44
I could not agree more. I'm really glad you posted this. I have virtually no one in my everyday life to whom I feel comfortable talking about my DP/DR, so after visiting dpselfhelp I almost felt like I was losing desire to communicate about my symptoms over the internet as well.

I found at dpselfhelp that recovery stories are few and far between. It sucks because most people that are searching for DP/DR help online are in the depths of their depression and/or DP/DR episodes, so of course the posts are going to be more negative and hopeless (whenever I'm free of DP/DR, I spend no time on these forums), but it's more helpful to see that there is hope rather than focusing on the negative.