PDA

View Full Version : Upset after trip to town....just needed to vent :(

debs71
14-01-15, 18:44
I have just been out at the shops to try to get a Birthday Cake for my Dad.

While out, there was a very loud, obnoxious group of school kids, about 20+ of them, in the shopping centre, all shouting and swearing at each other. I find this unnerves me when in public. As I walked past them, I quietly asked them to turn the volume down and carried on walking. One of them shouted after me 'YOU shut the **** up, B***h!!!'....he then followed this with shouting 'B***h' at me yet again.

I just carried on walking. Once in the shop, I looked for what I needed, but couldn't find anything. As I went to walk out, one of the boys was walking in, and looking around the shop. This yet again unnerved me, so I walked out a side entrance home.

I am so upset now, and really unnerved by it. I can't stop crying. I was doing ok mentally, but have been struggling with some physical effects of anxiety, but have just managed to get shot of them. I feel so down now after this, and just very deflated. I don't know why. I know that I probably should have just kept my head down and not got involved, so perhaps I asked for it, but it was the sheer agression that has upset me.

Not sure why I am posting. Just needed to vent I think x

venusbluejeans
14-01-15, 19:09
Unfortunately I think it is part of society at the minute..... when most 'youths' get into groups they become loud and obnoxious, it is all about one-upmanship with their peers it is what they think is the social norm when in groups....... they will

Normally though on their own they are much quieter and 'nice'

It is also only natural to be unnerved by it all, the fact you were on your own with a group of rowdy people...... try not to let it bother you too much and scare you into thinking twice about going again.

you stood up to them and asked them to quieten down a bit , which is great... many wouldn't have.

You also went out, did what you needed to do and went home.... now that is a success :)

debs71
14-01-15, 19:27
Thanks Venus. Really appreciate your reply.

I don't know why, but I feel so down after it. It is stupid, I know as this is just life today.

Thanks again. xx:hugs:

BikerMatt
14-01-15, 20:32
You should be very proud of yourself Debs go you! Try not to let it bother you your good for society and they need telling or they will turn out a drain on society!

debs71
14-01-15, 20:49
Thanks BikerMatt.

Trouble is, because of my anxiety, I get so tetchy in public, esepcially with any loud sounds. shouting, etc. When I had a breakdown years ago, I couldn't even leave the house, my nerves were so shot. I think saying something to them was a defense mechanism. I'm not sure I'd do the same again after this experience. :weep:

MRS STRESS ED
14-01-15, 21:04
sorry you have had an upset ,its awful that you cant politely ask someone something without the fear of abuse ,but don't be dis heartened you should be proud about time people started telling them good on you xx

debs71
14-01-15, 21:14
Thanks very much for your reply, Mrs S.

All the kind replies mean a lot. x

Sunflower2
14-01-15, 21:47
These things tend to make you feel like you've made a mistake and feel humiliated. That it wasn't worth it and ruined your time at the shops. Except you did something very brave, you stood up for what you believe in when others would just walk by and ignore it. I think that's a very strong thing to do, and proved to your nerves just have far your confidence has come!

debs71
14-01-15, 22:31
I never looked at it that way before. Thank you very much, Kimberley.:flowers:

Yes, I think I just feel stupid for doing it somewhat, as it has stirred up my anxiety again. I know it is not a big deal to get some abuse from a group of teenagers. I'm sure a lot of folk would just brush it off. I really don't know why it affected me as it did. One half says why shoudn't I say something to them, but the other half feels freaked out by the aggression I got back, and as you say, humiliated. I should have expected it suppose.

Thanks again.xx