PDA

View Full Version : tentative hello

lusus
14-01-15, 19:56
ive been progressively spiralling down with depression and anxiety over the last six months and found this site when researching citalopram as my doc is suggesting medication could be supportive. ive suffered with depression on and off since i was 11yrs old (now 31-wow thats 20 yrs :( ) and am terrified by how crazy i feel. the recent feelings have been triggered by conflict with my ex over parenting and i am trying to get my eldest to be able to live with me but my inability to deal with my symptoms (waking in sleep with vivid dreams/panic, loss of appetite or over eating, excessive fear of social situations, fluctuating ability to relate affectionatly with new partner, yeah just all the horribleness) is really sucking the life out of me and im reaching out for as much support as possible.

thanks for reading.

venusbluejeans
14-01-15, 20:01
Hiya lusus and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Jomo
14-01-15, 20:11
Hey sorry to hear you have all that going on. I cant offer any advice really but just know you arnt alone. :)

lusus
14-01-15, 20:20
hey jomo. thanks, that seems to be the case huh! it sounds like you have a lot going on too and i know the feeling of wanting to walk away from it all. my partner isnt being too helpful currently either - i know they find it difficult too but it sucks when im made to feel bad for feeling bad. talk about kicking someone when they are down!:ohmy:

Jomo
15-01-15, 19:55
The bug with me is that 2 years ago my husband was being treated for anxiety! Guess memories can be short huh? Are you seeing any professinal about your situation? Maybe just off loading would help. Off load on me if you like. Im someone who does that a lot but i find it helps. I ramble away, repeat myself, get caught up in little rants the full shabang but it always feels good.

lusus
15-01-15, 20:02
oh wow! that sucks! i keep trying to tell myself that i guess he just has no idea how i feel and that if he did he could understand more so i keep trying to explain.
im clawing my way through NHS support but its a ladder with a waiting list on each rung it seems. bah. thanks for the offer to offload- we all could do with that huh

Jomo
15-01-15, 21:01
Im in a similar position with the NHS too, been assessed, now waiting for the next step of actually seeing someone. No idea how long that will take. In the mean time medication has to be the safety net, but as i said in another post, my Doc is a moron! So i have to keep asking him for help and explaining over and over. My husband says ' Calm down, just relax a bit' (erm yeah never thought of that!) my doc says 'anxiety is very common just distract yourself' again yeah... thats great my thoughts are clearly just in need of some activity given that iv given all my hobbies up cos i've lost interest. Sigh... waiting around, feeling misunderstood by everyone sucks! (Did i mention i tend to rant a bit :blush:

Mark13
16-01-15, 12:19
Hi lusus. Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll benefit from being here, just as I have.

lusus
17-01-15, 13:05
hey Jomo- thats the worst thing to say! i wish people got themselves more educated arou d mental health :/

hey mark13 thanks for your post :)