PDA

View Full Version : Bubbling stomach, Inositol

Hopeful86
15-01-15, 08:30
Hi all,

I am on 12-16 grams of inositol on daily basis for the past two months. The good thing is it help me a great deal on panic attacks resulted from quitting smoking, and it also stop the craving either on foods or nicotine.

I understand that the main side effect of inositol is bloated stomach, gas, explosive stool/diarrhea ,but I never expect it to affect me that much. Sometime it is so bad that I begin to suffer palpitation and jitteriness due to the losses of electrolyte and mineral s due to diarrhea.

Some people advise to lessen the intake per day but I notice once I reduce the dosage it don't help on the looping thoughts and that caused me to become nervous and agitated.

On the very first day of taking inositol I have the very best mood of my life , it's a very "present" and non chalant feeling. But thereafter it's seems that my stomach can't handle the higher dosage and it didn't work out that well.

Now I would appreciate if anyone having the setback from inositol could provide me any solution to solve the explosive stool problem. I call it bubbling stomach becos the moment I took in 6 grams of inositol, you can literally hear my stomach go rumbling, as if some blowing air thru a straw into your stomach...very irritating and the next thing you know , you are bombing the toilet.....:D

MyNameIsTerry
15-01-15, 10:00
There is a detailed thread about this. Not sure if methods to compensate for side effects are discussed other than dosage reduction but its worth a look.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/archive/index.php/t-64229.html

Its an old archived thread so not sure if it's still available via the forum so may be worth adding to your recent thread about the benefits if it mentions about the issue you recommended it for.

PanchoGoz
15-01-15, 12:30
I found it's important to gradually work up to a comfortable dosage. I added on maybe a gram a day for a few days until I was up to 4-5 grams. That's all I had and I found that helped. It may be that 6 grams is a bit too much or it maybe that you need to start over on 1 gram and very gradually go up to 6 to get your stomach trained into it.

Hopeful86
16-01-15, 02:44
Thank you Terry and Goz, I guess I will need to "restart" from a lower dosage......I had seen the thread by psychopoet before and I don't think I see a solution there, thanks anyway.....