PDA

View Full Version : Urghent help needed

asus15
15-01-15, 09:08
hi all please help me I'm really scared about my health I have had this for 19 years and i cant cope anymore

Dan Wales
15-01-15, 09:59
Hi if you want to talk about your health you can send me a PM.

flipsake
15-01-15, 10:07
hi rotunda,

We all understand and have experienced the feelings you are having. You are by no means alone and we understand the symptoms caused by your anxiety.

You've already made all the first steps that you should.

1) Seeing your doc. Always the first step to rule out anything and then understand that its the Health Anxiety (HA) that is making you feel so bad. If you still feel unhappy with your problems then go back. Perhaps try to write down a list of all the questions you want to discuss with him/her so that you have a better chance of leaving with all your concerns addressed. Maybe include the discussion about your HA as well. This is the problem I always fall into as I'm just desperate to get the ok on a particular issue but then once I'm out of there I just pick up the next thing on my HA agenda. For example have you discussed the way for you to manage the situation going forward so that you don't trigger a HA flare up when you get a reoccurrence of your problem. Also its good to get to the root of whats bugging you. Usually I find that its the catastrophising that is the actual problem because the particular issue is either non existant (I understand yours is a real problem) or because I have blown it out of all proportion and it can in fact be tackled simply.
2) seeking support, even if its just on here. Like many of us it may be that the HA issue is a bigger problem than the condition itself. Dont feel guilty about this as we are all the same and i'm sat here doing the same thing.

Next step is to think about a plan. What are you going to do to make a positive impact on your HA ? In my case I've spoken to my doc and now am planning a few things to feel better about myself. This will include getting a bit more exercise and trying to get a bit of weight off. The doc says this will have multiple positive effects, the activity helps use up the excess adrenaline to help reduce the anxiety feelings but also the confidence in my overall wellbeing will increase. I think this is good advice from the doc. I also hope to find some counselling to see if I can begin to think a bit differently.

Hope that helps and do go back and see your doc.

asus15
15-01-15, 11:32
Hi yes I do have a plan in the works im doing CBT with a therapist at the moment but its early days and iv not really learnt anything yet and i am desperate to stop this but im scared theres no way to stop it.

not once have a heard someone say "im cured" :(

Thanks for your replies