PDA

View Full Version : Panic attack now...support please

Clement
15-01-15, 11:05
Sorry , anyone here.. Just came from nowhere.. Fear, throat closed up, sweating, and hot... Starting to calm a bit now , but so frightening...just need to know it will pass .... I know they do , but this one is hanging on!

---------- Post added 16-01-15 at 00:05 ---------- Previous post was 15-01-15 at 23:36 ----------

Feeling better now... Kinda disappointed. 12 people viewed and I could have really done with a sentence of encouragement...right at that moment.

Craze200
15-01-15, 11:45
I get the same non replies too. So much for people helping hey.

tunvc
15-01-15, 21:41
Hey clement. How are you feeling now? I agree it is disopinting you had no replies. I think it could be that most of the time people log on here when worried and may be looking for an answer too. I've posted a few times with little response but the ones that have answered me have been fantastic. Don't feel to disheartened. X

Clement
16-01-15, 05:30
Yes I think you're right!! I think this is a marvellous site and so pleased I found it. You know what its like when you are really panicked and I made myself come here as a means of distraction. I too am guilty of reading and not replying, however, I think if someone just needed a word of encouragement right there and then I wouldn't ignore... Never mind..
Thank you for asking how I am now. It was a real bad one...and I was disappointed in myself that I lost control altogether. The panic was overwhelming, and didn't start to turn around until I just 'surrendered' . Sat on the bedroom floor and just thought ok . Bring it on... Heart attack , stroke, death... I'm over this... I just stopped fighting... Gradually I got control of myself and calmed... Today I feel very 'clear headed ' which seems to be the pattern but very washed out! I hate that they just come from nowhere like that...
Thanks for commenting x

Clement
16-01-15, 06:38
Thank you rainbow girl ... Yes I do know all those things ( but reminders are good !!!) just this time couldn't seem to think the logical thoughts in the moment !still its passed now and long may it be till it raises its head again ! Happy new year to you !

tunvc
16-01-15, 08:41
Glad you got through it with such a strong attitude. If you ever feel that bad again please pm me. That way I get a email and will answer as soon as I get it to help (best I can) I've (in last two days ) have adopted the same attitude of give yurt best shot. I won't let it hurt me and I know it can't. Even as I right this I can feel one trying it's best to grab me. I'm shacking but won't allow my mind to drift into it. We can control this. Sometimes we just feel to write out. X

---------- Post added at 08:41 ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 ----------

Worn out not write out lol. Bloody predicted text on phone thinks it knows better x

GrizelCraigie
17-01-15, 00:50
Sorry no one was there to support you during your panic attack, I would have if I had been here! (I'm new to this site just this afternoon). It's such a horrible, frightening feeling, I completely understand. As I said in my "introduce myself" thread, I've been having panic attacks for over 20 years now, and sometimes they still scare me just as much as they did when I first started having them, except now I know exactly what they are and where they come from. But, I still have a very hard time getting control over them much of the time. Anyway, it sounds like you did a good job of handling it yourself! I do find that (like quicksand) the more you struggle during one, the worse it gets. Yes, it's the mental equivalent of quicksand.