PDA

View Full Version : lofepramine

phoenix1985
15-01-15, 14:33
I have just got a prescription for Lofepramine from my clinician. It's for the oral suspension version as I need to avoid the lactose in the pills.

I am quite anxious about the idea of taking them as I took them a few years ago and they made me feel quite nauseous for a start. That was the pills, and I'm now underweight as well.

I was wondering if anyone had any experiences of tablets vs liquid meds, and of taking antidepressants while underweight. Does it make a difference to side effects?

I suffer from anxiety and depression, and an eating disorder. If that's relevant.

yenool
16-01-15, 13:49
I have experience of taking Lofepramine but in tablet form not in liquid form. The active drug should be the same though, it is just the liquid removes the fillers/lactose that you are intolerant to.

I've been severely overweight and struggled with binge eating in the past and I don't recall Lofepramine having any effect on my appetite or weight either way. It did make me quite badly constipated though. I had quite vivid dreams and difficulty sleeping on it too. Having said that it wasn't a bad medication, it just didn't work for me.

Nausea is a common start-up effect of many antidepressants, as is increased anxiety. I would try and give it a couple of weeks if you can. You might also ask the pharmacist if they are any remedies you can buy that might settle your stomach a bit?

phoenix1985
16-01-15, 16:49
That's a good idea. I might try asking if there's something I can take fr the nausea. I am so underweight that I'm worried if I lose any more due to not eating properly (properly for me anyway) I'll run into some serious trouble.

Thanks for replying. :)