PDA

View Full Version : white area on tongue

always worried
15-01-15, 19:01
Hi all.

Being doing pretty well on 20mg citalopram from last 5 weeks but recently I had a small red spot on my tongue which i picked off with tweezers in a panic.

Since then i have had white patches near it and worry about tongue cancer. My friend is a doc and said on the phone that it will be just dead papillae but i am worried and constantly checking to see if it is still white.

Anyone had similar white areas on their tongue pls?

MRS STRESS ED
15-01-15, 20:49
Hi all.

Being doing pretty well on 20mg citalopram from last 5 weeks but recently I had a small red spot on my tongue which i picked off with tweezers in a panic.

Since then i have had white patches near it and worry about tongue cancer. My friend is a doc and said on the phone that it will be just dead papillae but i am worried and constantly checking to see if it is still white.

Anyone had similar white areas on their tongue pls?

no I had white lump and I was convinced it was mouth cancer I went to my gp and denist what a relief it wasn't they also told me it is quite rare my advice go get it checked it gives you peace of mind it took me two weeks before I went glad I did :yahoo:

cattia
15-01-15, 21:16
I posted a thread about this the other day, I have a white bit on my tongue that I am freaking out about too; the rational part of me thinks it could be part of my normal tongue coating but it is a little separate from the other white bits on my tongue (I have some white tongue coating). I am not in any of the risk groups for oral cancer (woman, under 50, never smoked etc) but this doesn't stop me worrying so I understand where you're coming from.