PDA

View Full Version : new, scared, confused

kirstiec
11-01-07, 00:39
hi,
i'm 34, work full time and am studying a masters. i'm busy but have nothing to be anxious about. so why have i had 2 panic attacks in 8 days? i phoned an ambulance last week because i thought i ws having a heart attack. this evening i called nhs direct with a tight chest, tingling fingers, shaky legs and shortness of breath. i've coached my own breathing and taken some bach remedystuff. just talking through my symptoms with the nice nurse on the phone helped.
i am so scared this is going to keep happening. i'm crying as i write because i'm just so confused. i'm more than capable of doing what i do, am confident and fit and healthy. why on earth is this happening?
as if the panic isn't bad enough i just can't stand the feeling of utter despair that follows an attack.
my boyfriend's away and i'm home alone and although i'm over the panic i do feel desperately scared and low.
would be great to hear anything from anyone. thank you. kirstie

clickaway
11-01-07, 00:50
Hi Kirstie and welcome to No More Panic.

Your symptoms are so typical of anxiety and they are all very familiar to me, including the ambulance thing!

Try not to think that this will keep on happening, as that will just invite it back more and more.

Sometimes this come out of a big event, a worry, the culmination of hidden emotions being surpressed, but sometimes from nowhere at all.

How are you finding your studying? Are you confident or stressful?

Remember to check out our First Steps page if you have not already done so First steps for overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=firststeps)

Take Care,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

manmoor
11-01-07, 01:04
Hi Kristie,

A big warm welcome to you. Everyone here is lovely and will help all they can. xx

Take Care

Mandyxx

kirstiec
11-01-07, 01:13
thanks ray and mandy - its just nice to know someone's there to listen.

my feelings about the study change - i have days when i feel completely on top of it and others when i feel slight concern - but i wouldn't call it worry - about the amount of work there is to do. i have also just been promoted which will mean an expanding portfolio of work, increased responsibility and more challenging tasks. i've wanted this for a while though, and its something i thought i was looking forward to...

i do feel better for having come to this site.

i have some diazepam in the house which i've been subscribed for neck pain (i have a permeated disc which can cause muscle spams). have just taken one as it seems to be a common treatment for anxiety, but i'll talk to my gp about it.

gonna go to bed and think about a happy place whilst the medicine kicks in.

thanks again. maybe chat again. good night and god bless, kirstie

Granny Primark
11-01-07, 06:10
Hi kirstie,

Glad youve found this site.
Theres always someone willing to listen and be here for you.
Youl make friends who will only to be too willing to give help support and advice.
Hope you managed to get a good nights sleep.

Take care
LYNN xx

honeybee3939
11-01-07, 09:35
Hi Kirstie,

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice while making new friends on the way.:D

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

groovygranny
11-01-07, 12:40
Hi kirstie, you've come to the right place! Welcome :)!

lotsa luv

GG [:P]

xx

'There are no such things as strangers; just friends we haven't made yet!'

yorkylover
11-01-07, 13:24
Hi Kirstie and welcome,everyones here knows what your going through.Theres lots of support and advise here.Things will get better.Please dont feel alone,theres always someone here.:)

Ellen XX

kittykat
11-01-07, 15:06
Hi Kirstie,

Welcome to the site, you'll find a lot of help and support here from lots of lovely people.

Take care

shirley xx

'' I am an optimist, but I'm an optimist who carries a raincoat. '' - Harold Wilson

trac67
11-01-07, 18:51
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

nomorepanic
11-01-07, 20:16
Hi Kirstie

A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Lindalou64
12-01-07, 00:13
welcome kirstie
im sure you will find lots of support and info here......best to ya ........linda[8D]