PDA

View Full Version : a dry cough over 3 weeks now

jimzac
16-01-15, 13:35
Hi, for the last 3 weeks i have had a dry cough and its not going away, for the last week i have been getting back pain also.

I am freaking out thinking its lung cancer..went to doctor yesterday she sent me straight away for a chest x-ray to try to put my mind at ease but I'm worried sick that they have found something, i cant cope with this...i am constantly thinking that this is the end, as in a lot of lung cancer cases a symptom usually means that its the final stages of the disease... i am 45 year old male ..i give up cigarettes about 8 years ago...thanks James.

Justme1970
16-01-15, 18:25
Wow exactly the same issue as you, tickly cough age 44 stopped smoking 9 years ago. Went to DR on Wednesday he listened to chest told me and fine then sent me for xray for reassurance. Fell exactly as you do now, very anxious and depressed.

jimzac
16-01-15, 19:37
I have suffered from anxiety and depression for years now , everything is a worry i hate this...but now i genuinely believe that i am going to die very soon from lung cancer...my cough seems to be getting worse...thinking about this is wearing me down now i have to wait a week for the bad news from my chest x-ray results.

Justme1970
19-01-15, 11:37
My xray came back clear and I do believe the cough is getting better. Don't give up!

jimzac
20-01-15, 12:08
Hi, phoned doctor up yesterday...she says there is a lump on left side...and there is some pleurisy as well...she says its an infection and i have to have another x-ray in 3 weeks to see if it has cleared up.

my mind is going crazy as soon as she said lump that was it....are the people that read chest x-rays 100% certain that they can class it as an infection...and not as cancer...thanks.

Justme1970
20-01-15, 18:11
Your dr wouldn't lie to you, they have to be straight forward and honest. Learn to trust the dr. Hard to say I know with HA.

RubyToo
20-01-15, 19:15
my goodness, I sometimes wonder if giving up smoking was a good thing (kidding) I am 48, gave up smoking nearly 3 years ago and have had the worst cough ever for the last few weeks, I didnt cough at all when I was smoking.

I do suffer from GA but not HA - so just wanted to say I am not unduly worried as I know there is an awful lot of this about, my daughter is 23 and she has had a cough for weeks and never smoked (she doesnt live with me either). In her case its too many late nights and not enough sleep!

Hoping you feel better soon.