PDA

View Full Version : fear of waking up in coffin

everhopefull
16-01-15, 17:25
hello

I ave had this phobia for the longest time and no-one can give me the reassurance I need. Ive even been to doctors to check out what happens when we die.
My fear is that when I die, I will wake up in my coffin either underground or about to enter the furnace resulting in a worse death than what I apparently died from.
Although my doctor reassured me there are two checks to check whether death is apparent. How does anyone know that consciousness may reawaken a dead person or get trapped in one's body and although im paralysed, im aware of everything happening including being put in a coffin?

Am I the only one worried about this?
Teejay

PanchoGoz
17-01-15, 12:23
I was worried about this once, but I was reassured by a friend who is heavily into philosphy of the mind, that once you are dead, there is nothing for consciousness to be linked to. Consciousness depends on chemical states to happen, and there isn't anything to cause consciousness in a dead body. Science would have found out by now if there was.

violet33
14-04-15, 09:30
Although I believe in Heaven & that I'll be there, I have to admit that I have had the thoughts & fears you have had about waking in a coffin buried alive, but I think it's extremely unlikely. As someone else posted, in this day & age, it is really ascertained that someone is truly dead before a burial or cremation. I think everyone has thoughts like this at some point.

Annie0904
14-04-15, 21:27
Most bodies are embalmed before burial any way so there would be no chance of you being alive.

worrywart29
16-04-15, 23:32
When we die they embalm the body. There is no way you can wake up after that process. I think it's very unlikely that someone will wake up after being buried

Davit
17-04-15, 00:13
I have that fear too or did, I'm going to be cremated and my ashes spread overlooking the pond. Yes I know that is illegal, do I care. Are they going to sue me.

When they put you to sleep for an operation you remember none of it, there would definitely be no consciousness after death.