PDA

View Full Version : Just Started Getting Panic Again

GLUK
16-01-15, 17:58
Hi Guys,

Had a browse around here a few years ago when I started having panic attacks.

Bit of a weird one but I have a massive phobia of people doing hard drugs around me, me then getting high by them coming into contact with me or breathing on me and then me slowly going crazy (hallucinations-> audio&visual) - then being sectioned and I don't really know after that.

This phobia is probably born out of the fact that I was a drug user until about 10 years ago (I'm in my 30s now, stopped in my early 20s).

However, I also have some stomach issues that seem to trigger or compound the issue (probably IBS but not entirely sure).

Anyway a few years ago the doctor put me on 20mg of Citalopram, I didn't do any therapy and for the most part everything has sort of cleared up until recently.

Last Monday a friend was telling me about a recently holiday that he just came back from where he did loads of drugs, I started to get panicky, then I went on to a restaurant where the panic was getting worse, eventually went home, felt I was going crazy again and obviously it just spiralled into a really unpleasant night.

Tuesday I had a much lesser one, Wednesday and yesterday I was ok and then today I woke up having a panic attack and had them rolling into each other one after the other (which is how they were a few years ago when they were really bad - they just don't stop all day basically).

Anyway today I got into my GP in the day and he upped me to 30mg of Citalopram, 10mg in the day and 20mg at night.

I don't know how I feel yet and I'm guessing its too soon for it to do anything and you have to wait at least a few days (if you're already on it and its just a dose change).

Does it matter to separate them or can I take it all at one go ? I also picked up some Buscopan for my stomach - can't tell if thats worked successfully yet - seem to have things slightly more under control today but I've been pretty bad today so maybe best to let today pass before I see how things are going.

Anyway just thought I'd tell you a bit about my path to today, hope you're all well.

Noticed there was no live chat, which was a shame as I'd liked to have chatted to people about it all.

venusbluejeans
16-01-15, 18:03
Hiya GLUK and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

GLUK
16-01-15, 18:09
Hi Venusbluejeans -

Thanks will have a read around !