PDA

View Full Version : scared im loosing it

tricia56
16-01-15, 21:57
hi not sure ware to post this and feel abit stupid posting but just need to talk to some one about it, as for weeks anxiety has been so bad and my h/a has been quite high,but early this afternoon I started to tidy up and I got my new hoover out my son brought me I turned it on and started to hoover up but because the suction on it was quite powerfull I struggled to use it as it was very hard to push the hose along my carpet and as I was doing it my upper back and the front of my chest and arms started to hurt and all of a sudden I started to panic and quickly turned the hoover off and sat down as I started to think that because I was hovering and it was quite hard to push the hose back and forth it had damaged my heart and it was bringing a heart attack on, even tho ive never had a problem with my heart before, I know it may sound so silly and stupid to some of you reading this but it really freaked me out , I was even to frieghtened to use it again, and ever since ive been getting niggle pains in my chest and thinking im going mad or something because I reacted the way I did and I don't know why I reacted the way I did and just keep thinking now that im loosing control of the way i think and react to things and that's bothering me a lot, even when I told my daughter and son about it they laughed at me and said I need to get a grip and I was just being stupid and I do feel stupid as it was just a hoover and abit hard for me to use as I haven't got much weight on me and abit unfit ,sorry for posting im just worried about it thk you

Sylver1975
17-01-15, 14:30
It's never stupid to feel what you feel, you're afraid and that fear is real and genuine. But that doesn't mean it can't be overcome. In the midst of fear and panic, we can all feel things are so much bigger than they really are.

I hope now that some time's passed that you're feeling better and less anxious. You may have just over exerted yourself with the hoovering. Next time, just do a little bit and have a rest, then do another bit if you feel you're able.

Your family telling you to get a grip doesn't help but is perhaps just proof that they don't really understand what you're going through and maybe it's impossible to know unless you've been there.

Be kind to yourself.