PDA

View Full Version : Throat and neck pain

UKDiverBoi
11-01-07, 12:44
Hi,

I am currently suffering from health related anxiet/depression and was just wondering if any of you suffer from the following symptoms:

- Neck pain on one side of the neck (in my case right)
- Pain that extends into the ear
- Slight discomfort when swallowing/drinking on one side of the throat.

I am presuming these are related to anxiety and/or the original health complaint that I had, if anything it seems like I am super aware of any feeling in the right hand side of my throat,neck,head.

I have recently (i.e. in the last month) had a bronchoscopy and gastroscopy which were both clear, but have been told that I am suffering from cough trauma/chronic laryngeal inflammation.

Cheers,

Graham

SAM21
11-01-07, 22:04
hi Graham,

that is most definetly stress and anxiety causing those feelings in ur throat/neck.
i knw excatly how u feel...
i had exactly the same thing...pain in my throat especially the right side and ear and head pain more so on the right. even my neck felt tight and painful.

when it all started my 1st gp said it was a viral infection due to the cold virus i had recently at the time, but it went on for ages.
my gp was useless...so i changed and my new gp explained that it was globus hystericus...caused by anxiety.

i really found it difficult to belive that it was anxiety, i jus cudnt accept that stress and anxiety cud manifest itself in such a way.
but when i began to acccept that it was due to stress and tried to keep my self busy it did improve alot but that was after 6months of worry and making it worse.

jus try not to worry about it...keep ur self busy and jus rember that the cause of throat/neck pain is stress.

sam