PDA

View Full Version : Hi people! Hoping for some recovery.

anxiousperson
17-01-15, 18:43
This is my first post here so I apologise in advance if I am breaking some guidelines in this post.
About a month ago, I had a (non-life threatening/non-dangerous) incident, but somehow it shook me deeply. I started feeling different physical disorders since then (for e.g., lightheadedness, giddiness, drowsiness, problem concentrating, etc.). After some visits to the doctor (and some tests later), it turns out there is no physical problem with me, but rather I have developed some anxiety issues after that incident. For some part of the day I feel completely normal, but sometimes I again feel some of these physical sensations.

I hope I will be able to feel my normal self again through this website, and with all your help.

Thanks!

PS: Earlier I used to feel that I was going crazy, or that I would die. But then I researched online and found that there are many people out there with anxiety issues same as mine. I hope these issues are curable.

venusbluejeans
17-01-15, 18:49
Hiya anxiousperson and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

diane07
17-01-15, 19:01
Welcome to NMP :hugs:

Sorry to hear you have had a rough time.

You'll make some lovely friends here and alot will understand and relate to what you are feeling and going through.

I do believe that every single one of us who have suffered anxiety and panics attacks have felt like we are going crazy on more than one occasion, so take comfort that you are not alone.

Di xx

Mark13
17-01-15, 19:17
Hi. Welcome aboard. You've certainly found a good place to be.

I'm sure you'll find lots of support here, as I have.

anxiousperson
17-01-15, 19:21
Thanks! It is so good to know that I am not alone @diane07 and @Mark13

Carnation
17-01-15, 19:26
Anxiousperson, you have definitely come to the right place. You will get more support and help on here than any where else.
Most of us have been through it and are slowly coming out the other side.
You have to remember that you are in a recovery period.
Whether it is; Shock, Trauma, Bereavement, Illness.... There is a reason you are feeling the way you do and in a strange way, it is the start of your recovery. :)