PDA

View Full Version : It's back! Leukemia

Jackmank
17-01-15, 19:17
I suffered from health anxiety in the past when I was around 16, lots of visits to doctors, crying convinced I had all sorts of cancers.

Now recently i was feeling tired and I looked this up and I heard leukemia and since, ive had constant shortness of breath and I have now developed a very really pain in my spleen area that seems to be getting worse!! I've had chest pain, mild intermittent headaches, I'm convinced this is real!

I had my bloods done on Thursday afternoon but I just can't wait for the results im so tempted to go to the emergency room just for a CBC to clear myself!

I'm 22 years of age

Alice1
18-01-15, 09:38
Blood tests are done on the day you give blood. They will notify the gp surgery if its serious and you will actually get a call telling you to come in for a same day urgent appointment. It happened to my friends grandfather. Don't worry, they wouldn't leave you if they found something!

---------- Post added at 09:38 ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 ----------

This is also why there are rarely blood test appointments made past about 2pm! The system is designed to save people, not endanger them!
I was the same, worrying like you. I got so freaked out once because 6 hours after having a blood test they sent me a text to tell me to make an appointment for the results- turns out it was to tell me nothing was wrong. So even then nothing was wrong.
A call is generally made for urgent things!

justina
18-01-15, 09:41
Blood tests are done on the day you give blood. They will notify the gp surgery if its serious and you will actually get a call telling you to come in for a same day urgent appointment. It happened to my friends grandfather. Don't worry, they wouldn't leave you if they found something!

This is true. When my son had a blood disorder they called us the same day he had the blood test. If everything had been ok they would have given us the result after about 4 days but the blood is analyzed immediately.

And leukemia is very easy to detect with a normal blood test so you do not need to worry! They would have called you the same day if something looked strange.