PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant with health anxiety

MissSunshine
17-01-15, 21:04
I'm having a tough time at the moment I only have 3 months left of pregnancy been doing well so far but all of a sudden I'm worried about every little thing!

Constant worries-
I have an enlarged lympnode in my neck and i don't know why!

I'm constantly worried about high blood pressure pregnancy can cause high BP but because I'm always anxious I feel like my BP goes up anyway can anxiety cause high BP? Note that my BP has been low but not high

I'm always thirsty & need to pee and now I'm scared I have gestional diabetes

And lastly I'm scared my blood work will come back that I'm anaemic

I have anxiety and mostly every symptom of anxiety is things u need to watch out for in pregnancy so Im always worried.

Like right now I have a pain in my head that Ive told myself is high BP!

Please say it gets better :(

justina
17-01-15, 22:37
It' easy for this to happen during pregnancy, the body changes and all the medical staff you meet talk about risks and so on. But actually pregnancy is when we are being really monitored all the time and if something is wrong it shows up when you do the many tests and check ups that are routine during pregnancy.

If you are worried about your BP, get it checked. Talk to your gynecllogist or midwife about your fears. They will be able to reassure you. Pregnancy are nine difficult months for many of us but you should get all the help you can. Take care!

---------- Post added at 23:37 ---------- Previous post was at 23:34 ----------

Oh, and: it's normal to drink more and go to the bathroom more often. It's normal to become a bit anemic, if it happens they will give you pills for that. A headache can also be normal, of course if it stops you from having a normal life you should get it checked quickly.

MissSunshine
18-01-15, 10:43
Thank you Justina , I think the main thing I can't deal with is not knowing when something is wrong as my anxiety always has symptoms like racing heart blurred vision etc.
I'm thankful for my midwife appointments and they are always so nice unlike some GPs! thanks for your help xx