PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety over tiredness!

snowflake293
18-01-15, 09:52
Morning all!

I woke up feeling super positive, had breakfast, saw my fella off to work - sat down and had a cup of tea etc... Was planning on going to the gym for some light exercise or swimming today - but this wave of tiredness has hit me and it is making me so anxious :(

I had it yesterday too in the afternoon and actually had to have a nap which I almost never ever need to do so I am worrying now.

I have had swollen glands, tiredness, aches and pains for a few days and I know this is most likely due to a virus and will clear up by the c word fears are rearing their ugly little heads again :(

Really determined to beat all this and feel like I have come so far, but I am scared of doing anything today! I want to get out and go swimming, but I feel so tired and run down, but I know if I stay in I will be worrying and feel even worse! Really all I feel like doing is lying down!!

I know it sounds silly but I really don't know what to do. I slept for 8 hours last night so really shouldn't be feeling so tired and achy like this. I had blood tests done last week to check for rheumatoid arthritis and I am scared that my full blood count will be low and I will be called in for further tests :(

Don't know whether to stay in and have a relaxing day and rest up or whether I just need to push myself and get going! I am scared of exercising in case it makes me feel worse!

Sorry if this seems silly :( xx

Yogi
18-01-15, 13:09
Sounds like you are just run down because of virus and all the anxiety you've been fighting against. You can't fight something without getting tired, especially if you are winning (and you are!)
Give yourself a break. If you feel better later you can always go for a walk or something then.. Sound like your body is telling you to rest and recover. Just relax and I'm sure you'll feel much less tired later xx

---------- Post added at 13:09 ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 ----------

Update... After posting that I sat down for a cuddle with my little boy and fell asleep!!
Looks like you're not the only tired one :) xx

snowflake293
18-01-15, 15:07
Sounds like you are just run down because of virus and all the anxiety you've been fighting against. You can't fight something without getting tired, especially if you are winning (and you are!)
Give yourself a break. If you feel better later you can always go for a walk or something then.. Sound like your body is telling you to rest and recover. Just relax and I'm sure you'll feel much less tired later xx

---------- Post added at 13:09 ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 ----------

Update... After posting that I sat down for a cuddle with my little boy and fell asleep!!
Looks like you're not the only tired one :) xx

Thanks Yogi :)

I did a relaxation video online and it really helped me to feel better, I went swimming in the end and had some nice healthy food for lunch and I feel ok now.

Stressing over my ear though as it feels blocked :( I think I got water down there when I was swimming, but of course now I am paranoid I have some sort of tumour somewhere in my head causing it!

Hope you enjoyed your nap with your little boy :) napping is very underrated! nothing like a nice nap on a Sunday.

Definitely realised I need to be taking better care of myself and just general being kind to myself. Going to spend the afternoon on the sofa now then cook a nice meal for my fella for when he gets in from work.

Thanks again :) xx