PDA

View Full Version : Brain tumor to Melanoma

RedXIII
18-01-15, 23:44
I have been super anxious about some head pain and sinus type issues for about a month. Today I felt better because the symptoms began to include burning and post nasal drip. It suggested that is was sinus solely.

I have been to an ophthalmologist and he said my eyes we good.

Now today in the shower I noticed a dark red blotch on my thigh by my buttock. It has been there for atleast a year and I have picked at it in the past.
It isn't a mole and doesn't look like it ever was one, it looks like an ingrown hair or something. It is slightly smaller than a pencil eraser and it does look a little bit uneven.

I have a gp appointment for Feb 16 but that is a long way off.

I am now concerned that the brain tumor fears are waranted and the blotch on my thigh has spread to my brain.

Also it is raise a little bit.

The area of my leg has never seen sunlight... ever and I have zero family history of melanoma.

Does anyone have any advice?

Craze200
19-01-15, 00:36
yep. You are fine. No brain tumour.

RedXIII
19-01-15, 00:44
Do you know what the chances are that an ophthalmologist wouldn't be able to detect a brain tumor?

Clement
19-01-15, 01:44
As someone who has Metistatic melanoma, chances are slim to zero that your symptoms relate to a brain tumour... Get your mole checked though for your own piece of mind. Once again , an area of skin that has never seen sunlight is unlikely to be a primary melanoma.
Try to stop worrying ...