PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with hypochondria from the Philippines

darth_mardk
19-01-15, 00:51
I'm Mark. 32. From the Philippines. I've been struggling with hypohondria since I was a kid. It died down for a bit but was triggered again last year. Now it's a full blown anxiety that refuses to let me live my life. I've gone through a lot of symptoms and fears - oral cancer, hep b and c, all sorts of cancer, and other diseases.

It's tough. I want to seek out professional help like therapy but I don't really know where to go. A lot of doctors here have noticed my anxiety but they just laugh at me or at times just dismiss my worries as nothing but worries. They would tell me to "Stop worrying!". Yeah. Like I wouldn't have done that if I could.

And it's a cycle. Getting an assurance from a doctor doesn't make it stop. I just find something else to worry about. Like I'm addicted to worrying and I alwayd need something to obsess about. I'm currently working on trying to stop googling symptoms and stuff. It's hard but I'm trying. I'm also trying out support groups like this one.

Anyway, that's my story. :)

venusbluejeans
19-01-15, 00:56
Hiya darth_mardk and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: