PDA

View Full Version : Need a plan, fed up of this

flipsake
19-01-15, 11:20
Hi All,

Have been on here a while but never introduced myself so here goes.

Always been a worrier but of late things have been at their worst. My mum being ill seems to have been the trigger. Health anxiety is my main problem. Also struggle with anxiety generally and have a fear of heights and also get a bit panicky when I feel I can't escape from a situation.

On good days I can look at my HA and laugh, it really is often ridiculous what I will invent out of seemingly nowhere but as many of you will know, when I am in the grip of a panic I just cannot snap out of it. It is making me quite down at the moment as well. I'm worried about the impact on my wife and kids.

Am trying to come up with a plan to get back to a better place, any support appreciated.

So far I have been to the doc, this is reassurance seeking I know but it does massively help if I can knock the particular issue on the head. Of course usually I come up with something else.
I have tried to make an appointment with a counsellor but not easy to find one.

Just a bit fed up of it all really, want to find a way out of it. Hardly slept last night, not particularly high anxiety but just could not drift off.

Anybody have some story about getting back to a better place and how you did it ?

flip

venusbluejeans
19-01-15, 11:26
Hiya flipsake and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: