PDA

View Full Version : Hello 😊

Fatherof3boys
19-01-15, 16:19
Hi,
I've always been aware that people have panic attacks, anxiety, post traumatic stress etc but have never really looked into it in detail, mainly because it's not affected me until recently.In November I seemed to have a complete meltdown due I think mainly to work issues & this manifested itself with what seemed like severe physical symptoms,feeling really hot ,frequent urination,tightness in chest & neck that seems to come & go without reason,a complete loss of confidence,feeling like I'm going to die & many other things. I found this site & it of some comfort to read your posts.
I've arranged therapy while I wait for my employer to start something & really want to know how long these feelings last for?
It feels like everything has changed, smells,tastes, just everything in general & I just want it to return to normal.If I read anything where I think I can write something to help other people I will contribute & hopefully make somebody else feel better about their own situation.

venusbluejeans
19-01-15, 16:25
Hiya Fatherof3boys and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

diane07
19-01-15, 16:48
Welcome to NMP :)

The symptoms of anxiety and panic can be absolutely awful and everyone here understands exactly what you are feeling and going through.

You'll make some lovely friends here, and we're a great support to one another.

Any help you need with the forum.....then holler

Di xx

Fatherof3boys
19-01-15, 17:19
Hello Di,
Thank you for your message, it is a really awful experience but very reassuring to know that there are kind,supportive people who have a lot of knowledge about this & willing to share their thoughts & expertise.

Toynova63
20-01-15, 21:41
I totally get wanting to return to normal. I say that daily! I never understood anxiety at all until it happened to me about 4 months ago. Totally life changing. However, the positive for me is that I am more aware of myself and those around me. I have a new appreciation for life & those in it. So, I think this anxiety is helping me become a better person. At least I like to think so.
:)
Mary

Fatherof3boys
21-01-15, 06:30
Hi Mary,
Sorry to hear that you have recently been affected by anxiety too, I like that you can see positives, which is a good frame of mind to be in.The more I read about anxiety & it's symptoms as well as people's experiences, the more I can cope knowing that it may take a while but it can be overcome.
Thank you for your reply, a positive mind will be my thought of the day.😊