PDA

View Full Version : Is this pneumonia?

Earthmum
19-01-15, 19:36
I woke up suddenly today with what felt like a wheezy breath, chest felt tight and I have a slight cough, where would the chest pain be located if I had pneumonia ? I'm feeling painin my breasts which is unusual and I'm super panicking now I will go visit the doctor Tomo but its now night time and you know how the night can affect us, my Anxiety goes crazy in the dark, I'm worried if anyone could help in regards to my concern I will be very happy thank you all!

Rollo
19-01-15, 20:54
Hi,
Sounds more like mild bronchitis. Have you had a cold or anything?
Just speaking from experience- i had bacterial pneumonia 8 weeks ago.
I was on Hospital for a week and was very sick. The symtoms were in my case not mild- my temp was nearly 41degrees went i went,very feverish and in alot of pain in my back also.Obviously I'm not a Dr but could be worth a visit.If it is
Try and rest and drink lots and lots of warm honey and Lemon etc, i find a warm hot water bottle on my chest helps and keep the room humidified.
Good luck I hope you feel better soon.

MyNameIsTerry
19-01-15, 22:49
I've had pneumonia.

Leading up to it I had done crackling chests which I went to my GP about but I think that may have been more a lesser chest infection.

When it became pneumonia, I woke up in the middle of the night with what felt like a great weight on my chest. It was like broken ribs because I couldn't sit up due to the pain.

I have asthma so it hit me harder due to that.

It's a lot more likely by a long way that you have something like a chest infection which can easily be treated with antibiotics.

Please see it as that, chest infections are so common far more so than pneumonia.

Serenity1990
19-01-15, 22:55
I've had pneumonia. This sounds nothing like what I experienced.

Though I would add that unless you're eighty pneumonia really isn't any more worrisome than the flu. I was brought to hospital, was there for a couple of hours for a chest x-ray, was given antibiotics and discharged. I was much better within a week and completely better within a month.

MyNameIsTerry
19-01-15, 23:06
I agree with Serenity, it's often seen as a big thing but that's if you are a child, a pensioner or have a serious physical health issue already.

I add in hospital for a week but I was feeling much better after getting some oxygen and 24hrs later. I did take me a couple of months to get over it but I have the asthma issue and my platelet count dropped so I needed a load of bed rest to very over that.

A normally healthy person could easily get over it as Serenity did.

Earthmum
20-01-15, 04:52
Thank you so much guys, actually reading the pneumonia symptoms you guys have had is making me think more a mild chest infection as I don't have the severity of the symptoms you are talking about, I'm thinking my anxiety is also contributing to the breathlessness I've woken up this morning and feel a little better I'm assuming with PNMA I would of probably have felt worse maybe, I don't know but thank you all again for taking time out to respond ;)

---------- Post added at 04:52 ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 ----------

And just want to add that I'm glad that you all have made a full recovery :)