PDA

View Full Version : MRI acoustic neuroma

paranoidjh
19-01-15, 22:14
Had my mri today. Am now convinced that I have an acoustic neuroma. I have all the symptoms. Am so frightened.

debs71
20-01-15, 00:44
Hi,

Umm, I thought that you said on your other thread that a doctor had already ruled out an acoustic neuroma as causing your dizziness/off balance issues?

Frankie123
20-01-15, 06:42
Just to reassure you that ten years ago I was diagnosed with an acoustic neuroma which is a benign brain tumour which grows on the hearing nerve. At first it was just monitored. Six years ago it began to grow and I had stereotatic radiosurgery which stopped the growth. This treatment was not painful or debilitating and I went back to work the next day. Several MRI scans later there has been no further growth. By the way the first symptom I had was complete loss of hearing and tinnitus in one ear.

paranoidjh
20-01-15, 10:15
I did the marching on the spot test for the consultant and passed that, but have since done it at home several times and I rotate a bit. Frankie123 did you feel light headed, off balance and have headache. I hear a low hum which I have heard for years and have partial deafness which I have had for years. I am so scared, it is all I can think about. :weep:

Frankie123
20-01-15, 16:54
When I actually did the walking on the spot test, after about five minutes I had walked to one side quite a distance.

paranoidjh
20-01-15, 18:03
I hardly move at all. My husband said that the ENT man discounted it straight away but I can't remember him mentioning it.