PDA

View Full Version : backward fall PANICKING ME

violet33
19-01-15, 22:30
Yesterday morning about 32 hrs ago for me since im in USA, I slipped &fell backwards on ice. I hit my head but not hard. Later yesterday & today ive had some muscular type pain thats not severe but bothersome in neck & abdomen. Abdominal discomfort is not from GI issues. Can a fall on back cause what im describing? I got freaked about brain bleed but my dr assured me i didnt have those symptoms. I only notice the discomfort with certain movements. Id just like some feedback so i dont totally panic. Thank You!

Serenity1990
19-01-15, 22:53
Absolutely! In falling over you could have put all sorts of strain on many muscles and joints throughout your body.

debs71
20-01-15, 00:51
I agree with Serenity.

A bad fall can totally cause you to feel pains anywhere. I slipped off of the pavement edge, and belly flopped on to a rain soaked road last year. I scraped up my hands and knees and twisted my foot, but felt otherwise ok the day it happened, but the next day....OMG....I felt like I had been run over by a bus! Ached all over my front and back.

Try not to worry, it is all par for the course. The MAIN thing is that you do not have a head injury, as that would be the most worrying.x

violet33
21-01-15, 21:24
Thank You for your responses. I did hit my head actually but not hard. I was frightened about brain bleed but my dr assured me I didn't have those symptoms. This happened 3 days ago & I seem ok now.