PDA

View Full Version : opremazole

Kitty Cat
19-01-15, 22:38
Hi please help
been on 20mg opremazole for 4 months for mild gastritis. My Gp initally told me to take it for two months and then "see if you can do without it" and if not she recommended endoscopy (that freaked me out!) I took it for two months and felt loads better, It even helped with my IBS. I went back to my GP after two months and told her how I was doing and she told me to carry on taking it if was working for me. when I queried an endoscopy she said not needed and that I could stay on Opremazole for years! I'm now very confused, especially as I have since found out that Opremazole should not be taken for more than 14 days. There is also the issue of coming off the drug.Every internet site about this drug is full of horror stories of people trying (and mostly failing to get of this drug, due to horrendous rebound acid symptoms) this has sent me into a tailspin of panic. I'm scared to continue this drug, but even more scared to stop it. Has anyone any positive stories about coming off this drug?

MyNameIsTerry
19-01-15, 23:22
I've never used it but my GF has recently used it due to GERD and when she came off it after 2 months she just found her initial symptoms returned, there were no side effects or withdrawal issues.

debs71
20-01-15, 00:41
I've been on and off Omep and Pantoprazole for years, and have never noticed any adverse effects. They have just cleared up my acid issues and I have gone long periods in between without any, but my anxiety stirs it up again at some point!

I would not take much notice of other's experiences with this or any med. There are a lot of scare stories and people stirring it when it comes to meds, and just because they may or may not have had an issue, your experience could be entirely different.

Try not to worry. x